Give a review on Arum 5x-200

alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Considering buying Korean Arum 5x-200. Is anybody here can give a review on it? Or any opinions about the machine?

http://doowonid.com/en/?page_id=402

Hello darimonyus, I am the National sales manager for Axsys Dental Solutions, we represent the Arum "VersaMIll 5X-200" machines in North America, where are you located? I would love to talk to you about the mill. Al Morad 248-926-8810

G

greatmc2

Reaction score
Considering buying Korean Arum 5x-200. Is anybody here can give a review on it? Or any opinions about the machine?

http://doowonid.com/en/?page_id=402

Hi Darimonyus,

I worked for a US lab who owned a manufacturing facility in China. I was tasked with sourcing a mill for titanium abutments. I looked at everything and spoke to the boys at Axsys, was going to purchase from them until 'Doowon US' walked in the door unannounced. After enough research, we were pretty convinced that with the upgraded spindle, they were the same machine. I really liked the guys from Axsys and would have purchased from them but because it was going to China, it seemed easier and more cost effective to have it sent from Korea... Plus somewhat local tech support also played in that decision and Doowon Rep made it sound like everything was "no problem", "they do it all the time"... That was not the experience. I will say this though, if you are purchasing a Arum / Versamill for the US and would like confidence in "what they say is what you get", purchase from Axsys.

The MILL itself btw, great machine for the price! Its like getting a two for one if your other option is Datron.

R

Ryan

Reaction score
If you are comparing to Datron, then you have to look at Zubler's USA's line of mills. The DC1,DC5, and DC7 are all great machines, and I hear they utilizing HyperDent now.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hi Darimonyus,

I worked for a US lab who owned a manufacturing facility in China. I was tasked with sourcing a mill for titanium abutments. I looked at everything and spoke to the boys at Axsys, was going to purchase from them until 'Doowon US' walked in the door unannounced. After enough research, we were pretty convinced that with the upgraded spindle, they were the same machine. I really liked the guys from Axsys and would have purchased from them but because it was going to China, it seemed easier and more cost effective to have it sent from Korea... Plus somewhat local tech support also played in that decision and Doowon Rep made it sound like everything was "no problem", "they do it all the time"... That was not the experience. I will say this though if you are purchasing an Arum / Versamill for the US and would like confidence in "what they say is what you get", purchase from Axsys.

The MILL itself btw, great machine for the price! Its like getting a two for one if your other option is Datron.

I feel I must clarify what geratmc2 has said- which I am sure is based on what he was told by an Arum dealer to believe (either intentionally or not).
I want to make it clear that a Versamill is not the same machine as an Arum or TruMILL. We leverage our over four decades of manufacturing, machining, and machine tool experience to take the base Arum machine to a higher level and provide a far better solution in terms of performance, reliability and quality of finish restoration (whatever it may be)- not to mention our support capabilities are far and away superior.

I apologize for being so brash but I have grown weary from these distributors spreading misinformation. We have worked too long and hard, spent countless hours (and money) to build our solution, brand, and reputation. I can no longer stand by and let it continue without presenting the facts...makes me mad enough to eat fried chicken.

That is not to say the Arum and TruMILL products and not good products, they are. They just simply are NOT the same as Versamill's - not even close.

Now I can't give away everything, but in addition to, in some cases providing higher torque spindles, you can get a feel for what we do by visiting here: https://www.axsysdental.com/Machines-General.html#VersamillsAreDifferent

One would hard-pressed to be able to get the off-the-machine quality shown in the images below from the standard deliverable. As for support and integrity, I think the OP has covered that.

OK, I feel better-ish...sorry

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 38
  • KS070e.jpg
    KS070e.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 37
  • KS071e.jpg
    KS071e.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 39
  • Bar.jpg
    Bar.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0538e.jpg
    IMG_0538e.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0572e2.jpg
    IMG_0572e2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
If you are comparing to Datron, then you have to look at Zubler's USA's line of mills. The DC1,DC5, and DC7 are all great machines, and I hear they utilizing HyperDent now.
I would NEVER buy one of these mills. Had almost a year of nightmares with a dc-7.

Zubler Usa is a great company, I will buy ovens vacuums handpieces benches etc all day long from them. Love the support and the quality of the equipment.

Dental concept systems, on the other hand, the European manufacturer of the DC Mills was horrible. Finally had to demand that they take back the $170,000 mill after a half dozen different problems with it, including windows update shenanigans, all system tools being in German, an SSD that failed, Spindle problems and catastrophic failures that destroyed the cradle holding the blanks when loading!

All the Europeans wanted to say was “operator error” even when it was running automated operations that do not use technician interaction! They promised to produce error logs that would demonstrate that we had done something wrong, which I was eager to see. After about 3 months I just stopped hearing from them, even after the president of the company swore they would support us in any way needed to make up for the problems.

DCS even offered to fly a technician in from Germany to solve the problems on site. Not only did that never happen, but they had a technician in the us doing other work, and that tech heard about the issues and offered to come to our site and troubleshoot and DCS said no and pulled that tech to go back to Germany.

I do not blame Zubler USA for this, they were hamstrung by the Germans from day 1. Bryan and Ryan and everyone at Zubler USA went way out of their way trying to solve it and did the right thing by us when it became clear it was not going to be solved.

Next year we start development on our next building and the first item on the list to install is a Zubler central suction cuz they rock.

So yeah, we replaced that mill with a 5x200 from Axsys, where tech support is here in the US.

Saved about half the cost too.

M

mtbaghani

Reaction score

hello , i have a 5x-200 and it is giving me an error i will send the picture of it, any one have any idea how i should fix it

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Looks like it hit the axis limit. Is there a way to reset the controller and home the axis?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
This is the X axis servo giving a fault.
Contact your distributor. You will need the error code off of the servo pack. This can be found by removing the back panel and locating the X axis servo pack (it will be the one all of the way to the left). The LED display will flash an error code. You can then use this error code to find a resolution.
Here are common resolutions:

Restart of mill
  1. Error code reset (only applies to certain codes)
  2. Replace servo pack
  3. Replace servo motor

Top Bottom