Getting models printed

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Hi all,
I need info on model printing. I currently getting models from Intech for the true def scans, but now I also get caresteam scans. My first try was Argen and that turned out to be bad.
1. The occlusal clearance on the prep was way off. I had no space and when I steam cleaned all the parts, It was seating better, but made me worry.
2. the models (and die) are really tiny. I can barely hold on th the die and the cups for the vertex articulator were so close together, that I had to trim the arms and balls to get them closer together to be able to glue them in.
3. There are no stops to be able to put the two quad arches together correctly and I had a hard time to get them into a proper occlusion.
4they are WAAAAY too expensive. This tiny model cost me $40 incl model building but no extra contact model.

So here is my question:
What is out there?
Who prints models ? What price? Turnaround time? Model building?
What type of models are on the market?
I do like the cut intech models and prefer them over a die in a socket ( you never know when they are really seated)
I want a connector for a better articulator. I hate vertex.
I want an extra contact model
Hope you can help

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
designing models is simple enough. i do them for us in house, and the only design capacity i lack is to make Ortho models.

anyhoo

argen likes to trim the everliving hell out of the model to keep production cost low, turnaround high, and volume even higher.

adding stops, a proper itero articulator, all very easy to do.

its just a matter of that lab accepting low volume, slow turnaround, lower profit.

Restorationlab

Restorationlab

Reaction score
Hi all,
I need info on model printing. I currently getting models from Intech for the true def scans, but now I also get caresteam scans. My first try was Argen and that turned out to be bad.
1. The occlusal clearance on the prep was way off. I had no space and when I steam cleaned all the parts, It was seating better, but made me worry.
2. the models (and die) are really tiny. I can barely hold on th the die and the cups for the vertex articulator were so close together, that I had to trim the arms and balls to get them closer together to be able to glue them in.
3. There are no stops to be able to put the two quad arches together correctly and I had a hard time to get them into a proper occlusion.
4they are WAAAAY too expensive. This tiny model cost me $40 incl model building but no extra contact model.

So here is my question:
What is out there?
Who prints models ? What price? Turnaround time? Model building?
What type of models are on the market?
I do like the cut intech models and prefer them over a die in a socket ( you never know when they are really seated)
I want a connector for a better articulator. I hate vertex.
I want an extra contact model
Hope you can help

I am also very interested in finding a good model supplier. I will be getting into the digital systems soon. Have you tried Core3D or CMC?

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
did you talk to Ron Snyder at Intech about your specific needs since it sounds as though your request are not unique and I would assume they can accommodate you...maybe I am wrong

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we still prefer milled models over printed models.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I use Argen models because they work for me.

I print a solid model and an extra pin.

I use the 3 shape articulator and it works just fine It has a built in stop if you choose to use it.

I pay $18.cdn

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi All,
We will be launching a very affordable 3D printer in January. You can bring it in house, save time, money and build them the way you want them. Do whatever for the next mont. I will keep you all posted as we finalize the beta program.

smilesatgalleria

smilesatgalleria

Reaction score
its just a matter of that lab accepting low volume, slow turnaround, lower profit.

Rainbow Machine

Rainbow Machine

Reaction score
Slight tangent but thought I'd ask here:
Anyone know of a good separator for ortho appliances on 3d printed models? Can't seem to find any threads regarding this but it seems some of my customers have issues.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
This is my worry with our new milling set up and the ability to accept stl file from IO scanners, we still need the reference point a models gives us. The additional cost is going to worry those clinicians utilising the scanning tech in the clinic due to the additional lab fees associated with these cases, we still need to cover costs. Just out of interest... what material are the models being milled in?

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Hi All,
We will be launching a very affordable 3D printer in January. You can bring it in house, save time, money and build them the way you want them. Do whatever for the next mont. I will keep you all posted as we finalize the beta program.
Hi Bob, any news for this printer?

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I'm not to impressed with the printed models I got from a local lab.
The few cases I did send them the margins were not even really there.

I did a 5 unit bridge from the oral scan and when the model came in it didn't even fit on the printed model.
Then when I did the case it didn't fit in the mouth either.

Big waste of money and time for both me and my client. Made me look bad as well.

I asked them why it didn't fit hoping we could work out the details and see if I should change some settings. They had no answer for me. They basically said that a printed model is basically just a" place holder" for the crown and shouldn't really be used to trust the contacts and fit. Well what's the point of that?

Needless to say I don't send them my IO scans anymore. I think the milled models I have been getting are a bit better.

The dental world is full of false claims by manufactures. I used to get a little bit angry about it but sadly I have just come to accept it.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
[QUOTE="sirmorty, post: 242591,

The dental world is full of false claims by manufactures. I used to get a little bit angry about it but sadly I have just come to accept it.[/QUOTE]

Not just manufacturers.....milling centers also!

O

oscar102624

Reaction score
We use a formlabs form 2 printer and it actually works pretty good and it's not expensive at all, its small I have next to my desk, and I'm able to print 6 models at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk