Full Upper Implant Bridge

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
The try was yesterday. It want well, he took xrays to comfirm seat.

That part went quick. What is funny they spent time on evaluating the wax up.
Sent me a list of things on it. i really didnt take time on the wax, like to make the left side match the right side etc , I just wanted him to comfirm the length, midline and level or make sure it didnt go up hill on one side. I also left a stop in wax to help with the bite.

I just finished making a couple of changes on the wax and made 2 putty matrixes of it. One across the facial and on the lowers the get the incisl edge positions.

When they set I will remove the wax and make sure the frame is right.

She is scheduled for seat next Wed seat so I have to get it finished for UPS Mon afternoon. Thats kind of pushing it since I have to fit in with this weeks work.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I got back 6 pics like this plus a couple of profile pics.
But nothing retracted so I could see the frame.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_w6.jpg

This shot below you can tell the changes it needs. I need to straighten the distal line angles of the centrals and bring in 7 and round the cuspids etc. They look too flared.

The lowers look hideous they are press and stain emax A1 Lt. Not mine and they are going to be unhappy with upper BL2 against them.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_w4_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_w6.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_w4_1.jpg

D

dentor2010

Reaction score
Not this time. This is going to be 2 peices and Im going to put 2 bird penis's (or "Tweeters" as Doug Jackson calls them) on each bridge.

Yes they are all plastic, Non Hexed, so its going to be a 3 stage burn out for sure with a 10 degree F temp increase,and at least a 3 hour bench set before they go in the oven.

I finished the wax up last night. It took me about 4 hours. Then I cut all the joints with a razor. I wanted the wax to set over night before I invest it to make sure all the wax shrinkage or memory from forming the pontics was done.

Hi there Al, I am very impressed with your work and I learn a lot from you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I wanted to ask you,
1. After you cut all the joints with a razor do you rejoin them the next morning an then invest, or you join them right away and invest them the next day?

2. What wax do you use to join them?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hi Dentor, I reconnect right before I invest.

Opaque BL2, B1, Gingiva

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu22.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu23.jpg

1st dentin build only.
B3 in the connections, thin amount.
B1 gin 1/3/1/4
BL2 rest

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu24.jpg

Final tooth form build minus skim coat of enamel over facials of front 6 to cover incisal effects. Ready for first tissue build and final incisal layer.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu25.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu22.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu23.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu24.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu25.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
1st tissue bake left side and incisal skim.
G3 and G4. Incisal BL/OE1

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu26.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu28.jpg

1st Tissue and incisal Rt side. #6 is way over contoured. Have to reduce it before the 2nd Gin add on.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu29.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu26.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu28.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu29.jpg

Last edited:
D

Daniela

Reaction score
Hi Al,
Awesome work as always!
I really appreciate you taking the time to take the pictures and post them. It might be time consuming for you but they help me greatly.
On this case I have a question :
Between the first bake ( dentin) and second bake ( enamel) do you do any grinding to reshape the incisal, or is all in the color?
Daniela

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
HI Daniela,
Usually I only add enough dentin to cover the frame but this time I did the front 6 a little different.

I built them more like 3/4 size, about 1 to 1.5 mm short on the M, D and I, then framed it with incisal then stained then layered.

They are white. Thats what they wanted, O2O/BL3.
It went out in the mail today.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu30.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu31.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu32.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu33.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu34.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu35.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu36.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu37.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu38.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu39.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu30.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu31.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu32.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu33.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu34.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu35.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu36.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu37.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu38.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu39.jpg

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Stunning Al. You've been blessed with a real gift my friend. You should let me be your manager!

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
Al looks good but what colour do you recommend at the cervical and the interdental space this is where my crowns always look fake. I have tried all your tips on the incisal and they work out great. Thanks for posting i really like the way that you work.
Best wishes
Chris

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
Stunning Al. You've been blessed with a real gift my friend. You should let me be your manager!

i say let's be partners :D popcorn

really veryimpressive, can you tell us how did you do the cut back in the dentin to give ths natural beautiful emergence between dentin and incisal?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this lab forum, but I think we can start a new section call Hall of Famer and wonder anyone would second nominating Al for person of this quarter/month.
And that's just for being willing to post and share, not even thinking about how well the work is.
Well done. Stuffs like this gives lab technicians in training hope for something to aim for. Not to say folks like John and Mark is not contributing - I think we all appreciate the information they have shared, even though some are bad news coming down the pipeline.
Cheers!
LCM

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
NO! FRICKIN AWESOME!!!!

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Al your build up and planning on this case are top notch, I really love the distal line angels of the centrals on this case. I think the shape and contour of the upper 4 are some of the sexiest I have seen.

Fantastic result!

So which was more profitable the 45 single units or this :)

As I told you before if you want to lecture and get away from the bench I am certain you could make a very good living with out the grind of running a small business. But that would mean a tie and travel and both I am sure is not what you want to do :)

Again thanks for sharing and taking the time to outline these big cases, we all benefit from you doing this.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I thought we were supposed to put down that brush because people don't care as long as it fills the gap and is really cheap.

Al thank god you didn't get the memo!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Well done. Stuffs like this gives lab technicians in training hope for something to aim for. Not to say folks like John and Mark is not contributing - I think we all appreciate the information they have shared, even though some are bad news coming down the pipeline.
Cheers!
LCM

Thanks everybody.

I agree I think most smaller labs have fear of the future with all the talk about sub $100 crowns being returned in a box to Drs with no model work etc.

The talk about the small labs being squeezed out because we cant compete with multi million dollar automated labs or the Chinese labs or the manufactors getting in to the lab business.

There is a demand for techs that can do nice anteriors and larger cases and multiple unit veneers.
That sfuff cant be automated and alot of people dont think they can do them or really dont like to do.

It can be overwhelming to get a large case in and think how in the heck am I going to do this.
But if you can learn to invision the final results in your mind and you break it down into steps it is not as difficult to go from nothing to something as you think.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu30.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu30.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al looks good but what colour do you recommend at the cervical and the interdental space this is where my crowns always look fake. I have tried all your tips on the incisal and they work out great. Thanks for posting i really like the way that you work.
Best wishes
Chris
Alot of interproximal problems are from the frame. The connection areas need to be lingualized to give room on the facial and lower.
Also It is necessary to opaque a shade or 2 darker and add a shade or two darker porc there.

I am not a huge beleiver in using any more different powders than necessary.
I dont use glass slabs and have several powder mixes laid out.
But I think it makes a huge difference in giving seperation and the illusion of depth when you use a darker interproximal shade on anteriors. Singles or bridges.

Also it is difficult to make teeth on bridges look realistic by cutting seperation with a diamond disk. It was best for me to take the time and learn to do it in the wet porc with a brush or a razor.