Full Upper Implant Bridge

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I love these type of cases.

Making something from nothing.

I can already invision the results.

Ill be waxing it this week. I ordered 2 oz of HN.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu3.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu4.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu3.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu4.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I am looking forward to following this,

Doc looks like he did a real nice job lining things up, are those plastic UCLAS or are they gold/plastic?

The denture gives you a great plane of occlusion, what did you use to mount the case with?

Looks like another AWOA creation is under way.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I love these type of cases.Making something from nothing.

Quit whining you big baby. :D I wish I had that kind of alignment, I'll show you some results.popcorn You know some folks cant functiom unless they're challenged. Seriously Al. this is a slam dunk. No probs.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Looks like another AWOA creation is under way.

???????? AWOA; BTW what denture? Someone's been hitting the sauce,,,,,besides me...:D

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
The lower does look like a denture from the front.

I didnt do the lowers but they were recently done. They are Emax press and stain A1 LT and they look pretty bad.
We will probably remake the lower 6 because they think they are too dark or yellow and chose BL2 for the uppers.

This woman is in her late late 40s to mid 50s and has a slight mental disablity she is like a 14 yo and her dental was neglected for 30 yrs. Her mother and sisters are dictating her esthetics.
So the attempt is going to be a Hollywood smile.

I use white rope wax peices to position the preformed pontics, then tack them on.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu5_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu6.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu7_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu8.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu5_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu6.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu7_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu8.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Don't forget the handles :)

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Not this time. This is going to be 2 peices and Im going to put 2 bird penis's (or "Tweeters" as Doug Jackson calls them) on each bridge.

Yes they are all plastic, Non Hexed, so its going to be a 3 stage burn out for sure with a 10 degree F temp increase,and at least a 3 hour bench set before they go in the oven.

I finished the wax up last night. It took me about 4 hours. Then I cut all the joints with a razor. I wanted the wax to set over night before I invest it to make sure all the wax shrinkage or memory from forming the pontics was done.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Looking great so far Al. I knew you could do it. are you sure 2 ozs is gonna be enough?,,,:D

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Time to pull out the big casting ring Al.....lol Looking great so far, thanks for sharing :)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
???????? AWOA; BTW what denture? Someone's been hitting the sauce,,,,,besides me...:D

Ok so those crowns look like denture teeth and I just got done with a mini 4 day snowboarding vacation so cut me some slack :)

AWOA = Al's Work Of Art

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Ok so those crowns look like denture teeth and I just got done with a mini 4 day snowboarding vacation so cut me some slack :)

AWOA = Al's Work Of Art

Hahaha,,,you're still in that euphoric state of mind, I knew something was up with you. BTW, I think we just might adopt that acronym AWOA here in DLN. Hope you recuperated from your snowboarding trip mister,,,now get to work and see what real dentures look like,,,,,,:D

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
You are right it is not the angle the midline was off to the right. I moved it over but after the pics.

This is going to be 2 peices split down the middle.
I had to take off one section then readd areas for support because I couldnt see in the linguals well when the articulator was closed down.

I used the dental floss technique that Doug told about but being all plastic I am worried about bubbles in the interface.

The abuttments are only $35 each but the labor to rewax and invest is probably 2 1/2 hours per side.

I tried to contour below the pontics like I imagined roots in bone would be. Like it is part of her skull with out tissue on it.
I wonder how it would come out if I opaqued the tissue area in a bone color?
I wonder if the tissue porc would cover it and how it would look compared to using a pink opaque?

Ok John try to find something wrong with the frame.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu9.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu10.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu11_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu12.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu13.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu9.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu10.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu11_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu12.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_fu13.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Ok John try to find something wrong with the frame.

Thats easy you used all plastic parts :)

You know the case is bitchen Al, but something like this should use machine parts, but if your client is aware then you got your bases covered.

If you don't do this already buy some acid devest it with out your blaster and pray that the patterns are replicated perfect.

As for your support it looks bang up perfect, Is the articulator closed down right now?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
He ordered them. He asked If there was any reason not to use them. I said I dont know but Ill try it.
I hope I dont regret it.

It saved him $1000 in parts but may cost me if I have any bubbles.
I charge him $100 per abutment to handle them.

I think I probably pass on it next time.

No its not closed down they are a little long, but I have so much seperation and the edges are fairly thin that I can shorten them fast with out too much waste.
But my reasoning is at tryin if he changes the bite much I still have plenty of support.

The immediate denture he gave me as a guide is crap and he knows it so we are using the right cuspid as a guide for the length for the front 6 I marked it on the opposing model.
Not exactly rocket science.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Gotcha, hear you loud and clear; good to know my mind and my eyes were'nt playing tricks on me. ;)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Plastic parts were developed for a reason, and I bet it was for clients that screamed when they saw what the implant companies were charging for a gold/plastic UCLA.

The reason to go with a machined base over plastic is that no matter how perfect your expansion/casting is they will never replicate what a machined piece will fit like. True passivity on big CAST frames such as this is very very difficult.

I would also bet that a higher percentage of multiple unit restorations get delivered with out Total passivity as well. The single screw lift test is something that many clients do not know about nor care about.

Its been many many years but I remember the original Externally hexed Branemarks were the most popular fixture, we had tools to lap the mating interface when utilizing cast plastic parts. I always wondered why they even went to the trouble of developing something to play catch up with when they had a machine part developed already.

Then I remembered how cheap and short sided many clients are.

Mark could chime in here with tons more scientific data, he is really a guru on these things and I respect his knowledge and experience.

In a nutshell there has been a tremendous amount of studies showing issues with non passive frames and the use of plastic parts along with screw loosening issues associated with them as well.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
for passive fit
cresco implant bridges
Astra Tech - Cresco™ implant bridges
This was recommended to me some time back for being very reliable. It's not something that I do but I like to follow what's going on for implantology.
Anyone here have first-hand experience?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Years ago a fellow technician from the east side of the pond wrote a book outlining the technical laboratory procedures for sucessful implants. I cant fully remember the name "osseointegration,,,something", by Graham E White. Lots of useful info, still relavant today. From the 1 screw test John mentioned above to the Sheffield test etc. named after the University Of Sheffield, England. Recommended read.

@ araucaria

I mentioned spark erosion in a previous post "synocta", from the looks of it same concept but updated technology. Looks like it might even be laser.

Last edited:
CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
The immediate denture he gave me as a guide is crap and he knows it so we are using the right cuspid as a guide for the length for the front 6 I marked it on the opposing model.
Not exactly rocket science.[/QUOTE]

A great way we found is to fabricate a screw retained denture set-up for the dr. to try in and the patient to approve before proceeding

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Not exactly rocket science.

A great way we found is to fabricate a screw retained denture set-up for the dr. to try in and the patient to approve before proceeding[/QUOTE]

Just curious,Screw retained to what substructure? Triad?..or do you just do a wax tryin with the uclas and denture teeth in the wax?