Full Lower Screw Retained Implant Bridge

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Hey Al. the mixing of the G4 and OE4 was pretty sweet, nice effect if that blanched color was carried down further we wouldnt be able to tell. nicely done.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Yeah its pretty knarly looking just like his gums.
This is the case I posted on the dual flash thread and I was worried that the tissue area was not even enough or had too much root form.
I didnt have any pics of that case and was going blind. Got lucky.

But I think the key is using different contrasting colors down there.

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Doing gingival tissue with porcelain is an artform itself. Color and contour is just as important as on a crn. However we seldom receive a shade matches for that. Thats tough, when you dont have a pic and youre guessing. That blotchy irregular placement of porcelain will get er done in the majority of cases just like you did here.

Ok, I went back and reviewed the pics, and I'm dissappointed. Not a slam on workmanship, but on staging these rehabs. Maybe I'm confusing this pt with another which is why I went back in the first place. Anyways, why does poor planning detract from excellence in workmanship? No matter artistically and esthetically the effort that was put into this, when one look at the occ table it reflects back to the lab and not the clinical procedures. I just wish more consideration for proper staging and visualizing the end result. Why spend all that money and the occ is out of wack? Again later on if failures occur it reflects on the lab.

You still did a stellar job Al.

Last edited:
ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
Nice spru vents, Al. Many folks don't know how to invest properly implants and having problems like porosity or miscasting especially with NP metal.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Nice spru vents, Al. Many folks don't know how to invest properly implants and having problems like porosity or miscasting especially with NP metal.

NP metal for implants? Not me.....

Tunajoe

Tunajoe

Reaction score
I just got these pics back.

Im pretty happy with it but I hate the incisal edges of the 4 anteriors, too thick.

Al

just remember- Even the Mona Lisa has a few imperfections:p

Beautiful work!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Non-precious for large bridge frames and implant supported stuff .. Forget it!

NP is big in the UK so we have tried again and again..and again.... to get accurate spanned castings with NP, your on a hiding to no where with that.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Non-precious for large bridge frames and implant supported stuff .. Forget it!

NP is big in the UK so we have tried again and again..and again.... to get accurate spanned castings with NP, your on a hiding to no where with that.

The real problem with NP PFM's for Implant's is Galvanic reactions with the Titanium. That's a big no-no here in the U.S., but this forum reaches such a international crowd, it gets brought up once in awhile.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
NP metal for implants? Not me.....

We've got couple of scrooge doctors who doesn't want to pay for gold. Charge plenty from patients but fight for every penny with lab.. Like someone said "we are a miracle workers".;)

Last edited:
ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
The real problem with NP PFM's for Implant's is Galvanic reactions with the Titanium. That's a big no-no here in the U.S., but this forum reaches such a international crowd, it gets brought up once in awhile.
I am from USA.Huh!?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I am from USA.Huh!?

It's a lawsuit in the making. Every implant manufacturer clearly states, in bold print, even underlined sometimes that only a noble or high noble metal can be used......NO BASE METAL. Galvanic reactions are not like allergic reactions where they may not develop over time, IT WILL HAPPEN and then you're holding the bag making a new abutment and crown. When base metals and titanium come in contact you have a setup for a battery when the saliva is added, the electrolysis begins. Sometimes the patients get a metallic taste in their mouth, other times its a subtle electrical twinge, and others notice it right away and it feels like someone put a stun gun to them. I'd suggest finding a Porcelain CTE available in noble metal and start using that. Noble metals are half the cost of most high nobles.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
No surprise but the Galvanic issues don't seem to bother the cost cutters here as long as the frame at least fits.

A good example of a recent conversation with one of our clients
"I dont care what material you use but im only paying X for the case"

The big problem we have now as techs in the UK is that we are registered and accountable to the GDC the same as dentists and we are open to being sued the same as dentists.

The dilemma is if we start covering our arses properly like we should we would be turning away so much work that we'd be out of business.

Guess pleading ignorance and good indemnity insurance is the only way to go, much like alot of docs.

If im correct the base metals that are being milled from people like Straumann are safe for implant work? though so thats always an option.

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I would hate to do a large bridge with NP. The margins most times suck and it seems like on multiple bakes gasses come out that I always have to patch up during the glaze.

Paul is all the NP used in the UK a by product of your national health care system?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I really like taking a bunch of pics of the finished cases in the lab because it lets me go back months later and compare what I see in the lab and what it really looks like in the mouth.

That way next time I can make the fixes.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q11.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ro3.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q11.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ro3.jpg

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Paul is all the NP used in the UK a by product of your national health care system?"

Yep thats right.

But now golds so high and the economy is so bad, its tempting more and more people into using it for private work as well.

Or should i say "trying" to use it, like you say marginal fits with NP are not good.

That tissue work does look good dunnit :)

P

Ppradip

Reaction score
sir,on above case can we go for PRESS TO METAL ingots from AUTHENTICS,

keithw@vodamail.co.za

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have used a bego alloy (wiron light) to cast implants, is a non precious alloy, the cast implants are luted/glued onto titanium rings that are the interface between the implant bodies and the prosthetic. A resin cement is used, this resin separates the metals, assume there needs to be an electrolyte present in order for galvanic reaction to take place which is saliva, that cannot penetrate the resin.
In South Africa are called "passive abutments", allows use of NP to cast implants.
Also, the titanium rings never see the inside of the furnace or sandblaster so the gap between prosthetic and implant bodies down to 1 micron after being torqued.
I've gottem in my mouth, no metal taste yet, yikes, how long do you think will be before it happens, only had them couple of months?
AL thanks for sharing awesome aesthetics!

N

Nicolai

Reaction score
Nice framework but where is the porcelain work?

N

Nicolai

Reaction score
Why did you split it in the front. Why not go cuspid to cuspid to avoid that line done the middle and or to prevent a food trap. You could have then done 2 three unit bridges for the molars.
Nicolai

Top Bottom