FREE .stl viewer

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Scott, would you mind posting a .stl file to download so we can play with the viewer please.......
Hey, I don't have a scanner yet, give me a break....:)

P.S. That 6-unit Lava substructure was gorgeous, I'll post clinical shots soon in a couple weeks.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
3D Models, 3D Modeling Textures and Plugins at TurboSquid

This site, and other like it have a few stl files to look at with the minimagics

If you find something in another format, then import it into Blender, or other CAD and export in stl format....etc, etc.

I have a few FTP sites so we can pass files back and fourth.

DOWNLOAD THIS
Click "add desktop icon" during install

FileZilla - The free FTP solution use this software for large files.

I'll make a place for just Dentallabnetwork to access...

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
OK, I'll post up some random 3d files (stl stuff)

Open "Site Manager" on the Green/Blue Icon (upper left)

Add the new DLP FTP info.

If the Filezilla program does not allow you to add a new site, then close the program and try again. Acts weird the very first time.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We now have an open FTP folder for this site.

Use it to transfer files that are too large to email. (ex. stl files, ex-girlfriends, etc)

I posted a few non-Dental stl files and a few Dental files.

Please use this for site related material only.
(Whatever that means?)

ftp address is 019040e.netsolhost.com
username is dentallabnetwork
password is Dentallab1

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Sculpting with Blender 2.51

FREE program to edit/modify/create 3d files.
My version exports in .stl

I bought Blender from ebay for $1. I just wanted a clean install without any hidden extras. My computer is built up now with many programs and files, and I am paranoid about what I install. Anyother computer I would not care about the online version to download.

Scott

G

gotosleep33

Reaction score
Scott,

is it possible to email me a STL file of dental casts to try these viewers? I'm very interested for buying one scan.

Thank you very much for your help

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
ftp not working

*** (Scott?),

file zilla won't let me connect to your ftp. Says the password is bad. Have I done something wrong or has the password changed? I'd love to play with some dental .stl files in Blender. I'm a dental student and want to be able to make some 3d animations and renderings of some dental scenarios but don't have the time to hand model that stuff.

All the best,
-Patrick

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
OK, I'll make it again!

Let me sift through some files to make sure there are not any
files that I should not share. (Could be someone's real work in progress)

Give me a few hours...it's early!

Scott

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Same here couldn't get it to work either.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Take your time and thank you for even considering it!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
OK, bunch of random stuff....
Any special request??
:)

One file is gigantic and I bet your computer will be slow as a dead sloth. Called "PRINT_SCOTT". It is part of a video game in development, or a new military weapon. Who knows?

Really need good processor and graphics to play with big 3D files, like 3M model files. Those are gigantic as well. Most laptops would lag so bad you would go insane.

Last edited:
P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Thanks Scott these are great!

Where is the "mandible no teeth" model from? It's a really nice clean model. How many vertices/faces are we talking with a 3m model? I uploaded a model which is about why my computer is capable of "working with" ~30k vertices and ~60k faces. it's called "cleaned_enamel" I segmented it from a CT scan using some thresholding and a marching cubes algorithm. It kind of looks like a coping because the algorithm pushed down into the root instead of expanding out to the edge of the enamel. While my model has "holes" in it in the sense that the material would be perforated, Im not sure if it has any holes in the mesh sense (water tight). Any way to check that? I've heard a lot of the blender folks who try to use it for CAD stuff get errors back when they send it to be milled/printed saying their models can't be used. Thanks again. I'll play with what you have up there before i request anything.

-Patrick

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Wow, the "grill" is amazing. Please tell me that was for fun :D

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
No, we make those stupid things all the time.

Fun to do. I have two myself! I do not advertise or recommend them in any way.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I'll check and repair any file you have. No problem.

Just send to me or Marc at work email. We have around five or so different ways to go about it. Even our 3D Systems printer's software has that built in. You can expand an object, then run the healing algorithems, then reduce back to original size for more intimate healing. (I suc at spelling) The healing looks at certin size holes and flaws, and by expanding an object before healing, you get different levels of output. Kinda experime3nted and found that, but I later found out it's no secret.

Makes a big difference in ultra-high definition CAM manufacturing for Jewelry and Dental stuff. (the healing, that is) Our stuff is tiny to begin with.

Don't know of any good free softwareto do it at the moment,

but I'm sure if you look long enough you can find almost anything.

Last edited: