Fluorescent Denture Teeth

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Just got a case for a partial denture where patient specifically requests teeth that will glow under a UV Light. First time someone requests this for a removable.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive never heard of any teeth being advertised as fluoresecent but my guess would be like a Geller porcelain tooth...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just got a case for a partial denture where patient specifically requests teeth that will glow under a UV Light. First time someone requests this for a removable.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Enigma teeth made by American Dental Supply claim fluorescence. Scan of their sell sheet attached. Zahn sells them if you don't know any where else to get them.

Attachments

• Scan.pdf
    713.1 KB · Views: 15
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The ADS website seems to not have their mould chart online.
Pm me an email address if you need it, I'll send it over. Too big to fit here.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Well after looking into this a lot of denture teeth are advertised as having fluorescent characteristics or having natural fluorescence. I wonder if that means they will actually glow under a UV light or they just have a fluorescent appearance/effect? :confused:

Will have to get a black light and start some testing :p

Lanny

Lanny

Reaction score
Well after looking into this a lot of denture teeth are advertised as having fluorescent characteristics or having natural fluorescence. I wonder if that means they will actually glow under a UV light or they just have a fluorescent appearance/effect? :confused:

Going above and beyond hopefully requires a significant up-charge.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

So did it work out that the Enigma or anther fluoresced? the same as natural teeth?

highscore

highscore

Reaction score

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Orthotyp DCL Shade BL4 from Ivoclar.

(ravers suck)

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
IVOCLAR VIVODENT BL1

(Not bl4 as I said earlier)

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
So did it work out that the Enigma or anther fluoresced? the same as natural teeth?

According to the technician that worked on it after we ordered the teeth there was still a difference but it seems patient was ok with it? The pt previous partial had teeth that did not glow at all so I guess it was an improvement.

And yeah, the patient goes clubbing Cheersa lot according to the Dr :astro:

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
According to the technician that worked on it after we ordered the teeth there was still a difference but it seems patient was ok with it? The pt previous partial had teeth that did not glow at all so I guess it was an improvement.

And yeah, the patient goes clubbing Cheersa lot according to the Dr :astro:
I was guessing DJ. Thanks for the update!