Fishing for answers

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses everyone! Unfortunately, I gave you all the information he had. It was a new patient of his that came to him with this fractured crown that was done about a year ago.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I believe the only possible answer is "Sh*t Happens".

G

grantoz

Reaction score
The crown wasnt bonded to the tooth once that happens emax isnt strong enough on its own to resist occlusal load without failure.All over red rover .

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Well the only answer is malarkey in the streets.

CB93

CB93

Reaction score
I adjusted the contrast and played with it a bit to better show the 'cracked' surface.

Thats not a clean break. Looks to me like it was sprued at two different spots and youve got a weak area where the material joined in the press.

View attachment 19790

I think I see a crunchy Cheeto particle in there

Peer Review? unbelievable, This case should have been re-done or refunded with-out hesitation

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Peer Review doesn't surprise me at all.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
was the crown cleaned up? it SURELY doesnt look like it was bonded or cemented in. and a properly bonded crown would have been a hell of a lot harder to get out in two pieces.
would be great to have seen the die/impression/model/additional pics that way theres less conjecture and more actual feedback. its like sending a single pic of an implant screw and asking why the screw backed out after a year.
maybe i should post a pic of a broken Ti abutment that someone made (from DLN) and send that to peer review.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sorry to be so cynical but if a peer review can put the blame on the lab then the case is closed.
This comment is based on the fact that I have just worked with Dr. Satan for the last time and in no way reflects my feelings towards those that practice on the side of the angels.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Wrong cement that expanded inside and fractured the crown? Just throwing that

one out there too. So many variables to consider on this case.