FCZ "Anteriors" Charge More ? Why Not ?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Old topic I talked about several years ago and thought I would discuss again since we have the option
to use more translucent zirconia's, plus micro layering is gaining more traction.
Question: do you upcharge on your Full contour anterior crowns and bridges using zirconia or in LD ?
In my opinion it takes longer to design anteriors than on posteriors, and extra time to touchup before
stain/glazing.
If you charge more, how much more over the prices of your posteriors ?
Do you charge more for bridges over singles...
Feel free to share prices or share your upcharge increase.
If you haven't thought about an upcharge, you know your losing a certain percentage of layered cases to full
contour billed out much higher. Over time an higher percentage of your crowns will be made in full contour.

Question, are layered or micro layered zir crown better than full contour ? are the layered crowns worth more ?
Answer: depends on who's paying the lab bill, the patient, and docs love seating non-breakable crowns....
Food/money for thought guys !
Now back to glazing FCZ anteriors and posteriors..
Hint ! I have more fun billing out anteriors... ;)

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
If there is going to be a issue with shade or proper lengths, widths, phonetics, etc, it's the anteriors and is why I charge more for them...but not as much as I really should be charging.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I charge a more for anteriors's than post, about $45 monolithic and $65 for facial layering (full layered hasn't happened around here for some time). e.max stained veneers are same price as layered anterior and porcelain layered veneers are $55 more cause they are a pain in the arss. I put a lot more detailed workk into anteriors to get as natural and perfect line angles, texture, color, light reflection, etc.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yes, we charge more for anteriors...always!!!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Fully layered zirconia is in no mans land.. stopped offering that a while back also.
Perfect substructure support with our CAD programs, but not worth the time layering.
Strictly facial/buccal cutback, micro, thin cutback, or full contour, or combo of both.....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Fully layered zirconia is in no mans land.. stopped offering that a while back also.
Perfect substructure support with our CAD programs, but not worth the time layering.
Strictly facial/buccal cutback, micro, thin cutback, or full contour, or combo of both.....
Fully layered zirconia is my anterior emax crown.

Now if I could only charge as much as LabGuy life would be great!

th

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Fully layered zirconia is my anterior emax crown.

Now if I could only charge as much as LabGuy life would be great!

th
Dangit! I knew I had trespassers last night. Amphibious warfare vehicle.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Posterior from 99 to 139 anterior from 159 to 210. Always more for anterior, just the way it has been.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Posterior is $220 Anterior is $325 - doesn't matter on material - actually we pick.