FCZ adjustment in the mouth

M

Martin Bubez

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a high speed bur for dentists to adjust full zirconia in the mouth?
Our guys are using diamond burs and it causes heat which in turn can cause zirconia to crack.

Answers on a postcard please

Thanks

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
postcard.jpg
We are going to need an address.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Say what...HS for adjusting occlusion?? How about slow and low with water, and HS for cutting them off?

edit:sp

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i never advise high speed adjustments on zirconia. everything should be low speed under water. guarantee waived otherwise.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You guys dont use high speeds on zirconia? o_O If it has water spray whats the problem? I use red-striper diamonds they work awesome and last a long time. Also flexi diamond disks are the money, a must for contacts.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
You guys dont use high speeds on zirconia? o_O If it has water spray whats the problem? I use red-striper diamonds they work awesome and last a long time. Also flexi diamond disks are the money, a must for contacts.
honestly i dont really use a high speed at all, it collects dust

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

I don't after it's sintered. If I need to touch up, I use HP inverted diamond cones or IC5/9s etc at a slow speed with water.
Maybe I'm just paranoid?

But remember, this thread is about Dr's adjusting in the mouth, and do you think they're
as careful as us in how aggressive they are, and in following up in taking the micro cracks
out with a HP at slow speed. HS will only polish the surface when they "polish" it, cp to
slow torque of a HP that will better get smoothed surface past the micro cracks. I don't
want to depend on zi being "self healing".

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

A.... I use SI-47 HS on zirc anatomy, living on the edge!;) It's the clinician aggressively adjusting that's the problem.
Have some red-striper HP also. Work great !

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone really think Drs 'take care' of crowns?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone really think Drs 'take care' of crowns?

Exactly, so why would we want to promote for the Dr's to grip it and rip it, with a HS Diamond,
unless they're willing to take the next steps in correctly polishing it?

Top Bottom