EZ mill cutting odd outer shapes on occlusal area.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Yes, that is why you have to be careful on which tooling company you go with if the tool doesn't pass the the electrical signal you can crash the unit an have a huge problem. That why I think the broken .6 touched off didn't see the signal and gouged the touch off point. But you can re-surface the touch off point via the software, it slowly reduce the surface little by little until it clears the gouge. and you can re-use it again, I had an extra one that came with the unit so I used that, abut I will resurface this on when needed.

There is a full calibration feature when you change this plate out with the VHF mill make sure you do that. It will also mill new rubber grommets for the tool holders as well.

Glad you figured out the issue.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
There is a full calibration feature when you change this plate out with the VHF mill make sure you do that. It will also mill new rubber grommets for the tool holders as well.

Glad you figured out the issue.

I know John, Just had to re-mill the new tool inserts a few weeks back, this time I simply and carefully removed it with out moving the tools and it cuts flawlessly again. I will calibrated it tomorrow just to be safe.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Yes, that is why you have to be careful on which tooling company you go with if the tool doesn't pass the the electrical signal you can crash the unit an have a huge problem. That why I think the broken .6 touched off didn't see the signal and gouged the touch off point. But you can re-surface the touch off point via the software, it slowly reduce the surface little by little until it clears the gouge. and you can re-use it again, I had an extra one that came with the unit so I used that, abut I will resurface this on when needed.

Do not do that, this is a "wear item," every time this info is altered your z calibration is altered, you must do a plane milling, clean,then calibrate. This is not optional on this unit. You could see many potential issues running uncalibrated, call your technical assistance and they should have you running in no time. We added an additional grounding strap to ours to improve reliability in regards to this pita occasional issue. Sometimes months on occasion it can happen within weeks but it will happen at some point. Easy fix though. There are some ways around the recalibration, there is room for more than one touch point. Center, as well as quadrants. this is only relevant to z so this can be moved around depending on the extent of the damage to the surface. Good luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom