EZ mill cutting odd outer shapes on occlusal area.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So i have a new .6mm bur in the machine and roughly 40-50 cuts on the 2mm and 1mm burs, but what the hell is causing this to happen? It never did that before. I and running the cam software that came with the EZ mill basic as basic can be.

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7317_8727493380_c706bc1dba_o.jpg

Thoughts?

Sevan
afarm8.staticflickr.com_7317_8727493380_c706bc1dba_o.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
is it maybe reaching for the 1mm bur to do these cuts instead of the .6 ?

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Issue with 0.6 mm tool length compensation or may be with the 1mm length.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Issue with 0.6 mm tool length compensation or may be with the 1mm length.

Brand new 2mm brand new 1mm and the .6mm I replaced about 8 cut prior, it is a coated .6 the original bur that came with the machine, I was using the un-coated one from the beginning. I just cut one more single molar with the new 2 and 1mm and still the shame thing happened. Maybe a re-calibration? I just started doing this about 2 days ago.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
In the new 2013 "precise cut to antagonist" it leaves little occ contacts such as this. Are you using that?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if it were that, john, there would be big flat swathes and most of the tooth might be untouched. i dont think its that.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Brand new 2mm brand new 1mm and the .6mm I replaced about 8 cut prior, it is a coated .6 the original bur that came with the machine, I was using the un-coated one from the beginning. I just cut one more single molar with the new 2 and 1mm and still the shame thing happened. Maybe a re-calibration? I just started doing this about 2 days ago.

I meant calibration only. The Z sensor is not calibrating the tool length properly.
If you see the 0.6 tool has milled slightly down
Seek help from the machine guy

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like a CAM problem to me?

Nothing mechanical. Just bad CAM settings.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
It looks like the cam thinks the tool length is shorter than it is. have you changed out the tool?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
It looks like the cam thinks the tool length is shorter than it is. have you changed out the tool?

Funny thing, the .6mm broke and I think it cut a full wax disk. Leaving residue in the anatomy grooves. I replaced it, but CadBlu said just replace it an it touches off each time and uses that touch off measurement, so judging by their info it should be fine.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
I can make my CAM produce that pattern.

It is just CAM parameters IMO. Not a tool sensor issue or tool-length

joe.s

joe.s

NO-I'm NOT that beautiful
Reaction score
Look carefully at the tool measuring sensor surface.
Is it perfectly flat ? or does it have a small tiny dimple where 0.6 mm bur touches ?
If you will find a dimple - that's where your problem is.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Use all new tools, clean the sensor surface and check results.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
I can make my CAM produce that pattern.

It is just CAM parameters IMO. Not a tool sensor issue or tool-length

He was milling well with the same strategy earlier. He changed the 0.6 tool and this happened.
CAM strategy don't change by itself.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Look carefully at the tool measuring sensor surface.
Is it perfectly flat ? or does it have a small tiny dimple where 0.6 mm bur touches ?
If you will find a dimple - that's where your problem is.

Oh man, that might be it, maybe the broken .6 changed the surface of the touch off point. I will check it out.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Look what I found.

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7319_8736044366_75ca7b3d45_b.jpg

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7288_8736043396_59ff80a274_b.jpg

Apparently the .6mm was going int that little ditch and measuring higher. I would of eventually found that out but completely over looked it. Thanks joe.s

Sevan
afarm8.staticflickr.com_7319_8736044366_75ca7b3d45_b.jpg afarm8.staticflickr.com_7288_8736043396_59ff80a274_b.jpg

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Does EZ mill have conductive touch point(s) for tool-length measurement ? What is that part made of, aluminum ?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Does EZ mill have conductive touch point(s) for tool-length measurement ? What is that part made of, aluminum ?

Yes, that is why you have to be careful on which tooling company you go with if the tool doesn't pass the the electrical signal you can crash the unit an have a huge problem. That why I think the broken .6 touched off didn't see the signal and gouged the touch off point. But you can re-surface the touch off point via the software, it slowly reduce the surface little by little until it clears the gouge. and you can re-use it again, I had an extra one that came with the unit so I used that, abut I will resurface this on when needed.

joe.s

joe.s

NO-I'm NOT that beautiful
Reaction score
You are welcome "Sevan P" :)

Top Bottom