Exocad Users, Stand Up and Share Tips

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Could you members share information/tips on fine tuning, or "locking" in occlusal contact areas? How are you going about designing the occlusion on your crowns?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Could you members share information/tips on fine tuning, or "locking" in occlusal contact areas? How are you going about designing the occlusion on your crowns?
What do you mean by, 'locking in'? I just position my teeth as best as I can to the occlusal scheme be fore I get to free forming. At that point its just a matter of smoothing with the default tool or point of knife.

I do wish that we had a way to alter the area of influence with the free form tools. Any exocad developers are welcome to pm me.:)

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
What do you mean by, 'locking in'? I just position my teeth as best as I can to the occlusal scheme be fore I get to free forming. At that point its just a matter of smoothing with the default tool or point of knife.

I do wish that we had a way to alter the area of influence with the free form tools. Any exocad developers are welcome to pm me.:)
I have clients that use different thicknesses of articulating film, and it would be nice to "lock" in a beginning point for each thickness level then refine from there in freeform.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I see what your saying, make a dossier of each client's specific settings to streamline the design and results.

I have been taking screen shots of the color scale for the 'distance to antagonist' trying to figure something like this out. For the clients I work closely with, I am pretty close, but the new guys are all over the p!ace. I don't have a real system to eliminate variables yet. Hopefully some other users will chime in, even if they are on the dark side.

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
I have been problems some days. I know it's weird. I start job as usual in DB, load the jaws, design, oclusion, connectors,... All the same as usual. But when i try the last step ( merge the mesh) EXO stops several secods later and don't make the merge, don't finish the job. Any idea? Somebody has suffer it too? Thanks.

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
I have been problems some days. I know it's weird. I start job as usual in DB, load the jaws, design, oclusion, connectors,... All the same as usual. But when i try the last step ( merge the mesh) EXO stops several secods later and don't make the merge, don't finish the job. Any idea? Somebody has suffer it too? Thanks.
If you have the box checked to always merge for laser sintering and there is a hole somewhere it won't merge. Just uncheck the box and it will merge everything fine. Unless it's for laser sintering then you'll need to figure out how to fix the hole but it won't matter if you're milling.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I'd like to mill surgical stents, anyone have a starting point to accomplish this with Exocad?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
planning0302 said:
I'd like to mill surgical stents, anyone have a starting point to accomplish this with Exocad?
Implant planning module right around the corner. Hopefully announced at IDS.

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
If the implant module is announced and released to US ....... we will be able to import and use cone beam scans to design stents..... ????

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
What is the exocad answer or equivalent to the implant studio in 3 shape?? Is there one? ?

Vidmantas

Vidmantas

Reaction score
Hello,
Any ideas why this error shows up?
43lgj.png

R

Ryan

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a scanned bar and would like to use a wax up scan to produce a reduced superstructure on top of it... any tips on how to go about this? I am currently trying to use the reduced wax up but it does not seem to be working or adapting properly to the bar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a scanned bar and would like to use a wax up scan to produce a reduced superstructure on top of it... any tips on how to go about this? I am currently trying to use the reduced wax up but it does not seem to be working or adapting properly to the bar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance.

Ryan
Screen shots please?

R

Ryan

Reaction score
Here are 2 pictures:
1. Bar and jaw scan merged
2. the wax up I would like to adapt to the bar then reduce.

Attachments

• 2015-06-12_00166-015_DentalCadScreenshot2.png
    2015-06-12_00166-015_DentalCadScreenshot2.png
    513.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 2015-06-12_00166-015_DentalCadScreenshot3.png
    2015-06-12_00166-015_DentalCadScreenshot3.png
    526.4 KB · Views: 55
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What version of exocad are you using? (Engine build)