Exocad Solutions

Kreszl

Kreszl

Reaction score
which version of the software do you have?

if newer than 15.1 you can export the case as stl, its baked right in the export menu. its a native conversion, no addons required.

4.3 or older and youre going to have a bad time.

I don't know what version the Dr. has for Cerec, I asked the office manager to find out if they were able to send me STL files and she said they can only export SRT files. Now whether or not that came from the Sirona rep or not, I don't know. I could ask if they can find out the software version and maybe try to take it from there. This is totally new area for us. Do we need to have a certain software to receive the file? I would really like to be able to do this office's crown and bridge work after losing that work from the retired dentist but not sure where to go from here & getting pretty tired of seeing those Glidewell boxes at the front desks of offices we used to get more work from.

Really need to find some more time to spend on this site, keep coming across a lot of useful info. Thanks again, any info or links for info would be greatly appreciated.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't know what version the Dr. has for Cerec, I asked the office manager to find out if they were able to send me STL files and she said they can only export SRT files. Now whether or not that came from the Sirona rep or not, I don't know. I could ask if they can find out the software version and maybe try to take it from there. This is totally new area for us. Do we need to have a certain software to receive the file? I would really like to be able to do this office's crown and bridge work after losing that work from the retired dentist but not sure where to go from here & getting pretty tired of seeing those Glidewell boxes at the front desks of offices we used to get more work from.

Really need to find some more time to spend on this site, keep coming across a lot of useful info. Thanks again, any info or links for info would be greatly appreciated.
the doctor software?
no idea, i was speaking about inLab software.

in the USA you cannot use the sirona connection portal unless you buy a sirona system. you have to pay the huge fee for the hardware to get the software; this means buying a sh*tty Omnicam scanner and mill for 6 figures, and then you get to use the software.

you cannot just buy the software.

but in inLab software the stl is baked right in. free import/export to and from 3shape and exocad.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
RST files are the tooth restorations designs. not the scans. rst is the proprietary format of the milling machine.

the whole case can be exported in the doctor software, as 3se or cdt or lab, if the clinician takes 5 minutes to learn the bloody thing.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
3se and cdt are the ones people usually try to use, because 3se is native 3shape format with a plugin, or 3xoz. cdt and lab files need to be further converted either with an inLab software, or external (pirated) means.

Kreszl

Kreszl

Reaction score
the doctor software?
no idea, i was speaking about inLab software.

in the USA you cannot use the sirona connection portal unless you buy a sirona system. you have to pay the huge fee for the hardware to get the software; this means buying a sh*tty Omnicam scanner and mill for 6 figures, and then you get to use the software.

you cannot just buy the software.

but in inLab software the stl is baked right in. free import/export to and from 3shape and exocad.

Well that certainly puts a damper into this whole idea. I have no interest in purchasing that kind of hardware at the moment. It just doesn't make sense. I just assumed that there would be a way to get the files and use exocad to design, then pass it onto our milling company to produce. We just don't do nearly enough to justify purchasing our own milling machine yet. This would be the first time we would receive a case digitally and not scan it ourselves. Of course it seems like the Dr. had purchased this Cerec system and has no idea how it works or what to do with it. As much as we would like to be able to help him out and work with him, if the case is that it will cost what you're saying, we might just have to unfortunately say sorry because it's out of our price range right now.

I

IgorN

Reaction score
There`s an add-on for in-lab for u to export and stl file from IOS. Depends on the IOS they can give u a license for the add-on.With that u can export the IOS scan to stl and import to Exocad. But u have to buy the In-Lab too... :(. I use this on few Apollo DI from Sirona. Doc scans , sends to Sirona portal i download with Inlab , export and design in Exo.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
With new Cerec 4.5 SW they can Export stl-files

V

VincentTC

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Quick question. How do i created a workflow between 2 Exocad software? I have 2 machine that run Exocad software but only one that connected to our scanner. I need a tech to scan all the cases and transfer it to the other machine. How can i make this transition as smooth as possible? Instead of Zipping all the file, copy and paste it over to the other machine one case as a time.

Thank you, please share the knowledge.

Vincent

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Set up a network. Put the CADData folder on one of the machines and point the scanning machine to that folder.

V

VincentTC

Reaction score
Set up a network. Put the CADData folder on one of the machines and point the scanning machine to that folder.
So there is no workflow system like 3 shape with exocad. In 3 shape, i think they connected in a server. One tech scan, one tech desgin

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
In Exocad its a simple normal folder path one for the scanner with Exocad integration that means only order form and scanner exe is done under exocad surface and construction versus data save folder on the other side. So path for the first scanner is maybe database plate D and for the second scanner ( or how ever you called him network name) scanner pc plate d data open dental project done

Exo dental data base config xml or ask your reseller !!!

Last edited:
K

kotharyabbas

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Dental Wings Version 6 and everytime I use the Readjust Occlusion feature my restoration become too short. leaving almost a 2mm space from Occlusion. Anyone who could suggest me what settings have I done worng or need to change in order to remove this issue permanently? Thanks to all

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Following. Also, im looking to buying a new system. Currently have the first version of preciso. Jensens pricing on their new system is very enticing and support is always really good. However, a friend has pointed out that they dont have all of the modules and their version of exocad is "dumbed down". What do u guys think? And where else and which scanner/mill would i consider? Price is somewhat a factor since we are about a 5 person lab and dont do high volume.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
watered down version from jensen dont limit your self or do you like to stand in the second or third line ???

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Getting really frustated with this one...

I have a case that have both upper and lower restorations... I scanned the upper lower models, gingiva scans just for "reference", and preop models... The gingiva scans are not in place since they're a completely different model.

Now the problem is that every time I register one of this gingiva scans, lets say upper, the other one returns to the previous position... Then I go to the -lower- one and the one I moved before goes back again... sigh :banghead:

Tried importing them as visualization meshes and same thing happens...

On Add/Remove mesh on expert mode, when I select mesh type -gingiva- it gives the choose jaw option. It allows me to pick in between upper or lower... I tried importing the scans one by one selecting the appropriate jaw but I get the same problem...

It's Friday ArghBanghead

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Getting really frustated with this one...

I have a case that have both upper and lower restorations... I scanned the upper lower models, gingiva scans just for "reference", and preop models... The gingiva scans are not in place since they're a completely different model.

Now the problem is that every time I register one of this gingiva scans, lets say upper, the other one returns to the previous position... Then I go to the -lower- one and the one I moved before goes back again... sigh :banghead:

Tried importing them as visualization meshes and same thing happens...

On Add/Remove mesh on expert mode, when I select mesh type -gingiva- it gives the choose jaw option. It allows me to pick in between upper or lower... I tried importing the scans one by one selecting the appropriate jaw but I get the same problem...

It's Friday ArghBanghead
Not the total solution, but something to give you an idea of how the scan heirarchy works.
Exocad Solutions....Adding Missing or Incomplete data for Design

If you scan upper and lower jaw with gingiva you won't have to match them later. AFAIK there can be only one preop scan mesh.
Also if you use generic visualization mesh and try to register another mesh to it, it will move the first gvm back to it's original position
Probably a bug, but maybe a reason for it??Hmmmm2
I've never asked about it, but I first noticed that in version 5164.

A work around is to get the gingival scans registered as different mesh types then close everything else out of the scene and save as stl. Reimport as gingiva so they are together.

You can also hold Ctrl and select as many meshes as you need into the scene as one scan type.

Last edited:
Top Bottom