Exocad Solutions

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You could free form the scan data, After designing you can import the post as a jaw scan in a new job and free form it that way or bring it into a new
job as a waxup 'pontic' and adapt it to the gingiva 'prep'.
Don't be afraid to break the rules in exocad. You can make your own work flows with some imagination without penalty most times.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Ha? Tahiti? Me likey!

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I hear rumors that a lot of exo users are looking for solutions and not finding what they are looking for through the normal channels. I have asked here before, but I am going to ask again.....

What specifically do you need to learn that you are not able to find answers for?
There are no dumb requests here. I'm making a list.

Please post here or send me a PM.

Have two imps for a #30 and did a "add scan" on a second die on the buccal but find in the end it kept the original
die buccal margin. ?? I like to say two wrongs don't make a right but never get a third good imp!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Have two imps for a #30 and did a "add scan" on a second die on the buccal but find in the end it kept the original
die buccal margin. ?? I like to say two wrongs don't make a right but never get a third good imp!
Do you want to merge two scans of two different dies into a good one ?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I dunno how is that possible with Exo...you could merge two scans in Meshlab in no time tho...

Import one as extra jaw scan. May need to do some editing or one of the other first.

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Will look into that.Hmmmm
Both of you thanks!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Add additional jaw scan both merged together if both are only partially ok or replace if the second from another impression is good as multi die see both replaced and merged
2017-03-08_00003-004_DentalCadScreenshot3.png 2017-03-08_00003-004_DentalCadScreenshot4.png 2017-03-08_00003-004_DentalCadScreenshot2.png

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I dunno how is that possible with Exo...you could merge two scans in Meshlab in no time tho...
If you get stuck post some screen shots of what you are trying to merge together.
Add additional jaw scan both merged together if both are only partially ok or replace if the second from another impression is good as multi die
View attachment 25358

I will try again later. Had move forward. Fingers crossed?o_O

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
nothing can happened if you did the wrong thing close it and start at the beginning without using the scene ( only scan data ) !!!

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Import one as extra jaw scan. May need to do some editing or one of the other first.
Add additional jaw scan both merged together if both are only partially ok or replace if the second from another impression is good as multi die see both replaced and merged
View attachment 25359 View attachment 25360 View attachment 25358

Where's the book, eXo for dummies? Iche bin ein dumkopf.
So thought I could put both #30 dies in the multi but that won't work, so both could be scanned.
Not sure how to import extra scan.
I had tried the Add scan but that didn't work.
So for now did like the analog days and adjusted die to match.
Much to figure out. Thanks again.:cool:

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
multi die works only with "one" tooth ( stump) it substitutes only the old stump at the same place . add additional jaw scan melts two scans "stumps or models " together

with multi die you have to say if more than one stump line up stumps than go back to the wizzard next step is registration multi die with single point best fit !! mark 1 point on each which is similar
but you cant melt 2 together only sustitute.

melt together works with add extra jaw same way click 1 similar point on both stumps than they fit together and you really want to merge these two scans together this operation is not reversible pops up say yes. All these operations are lets say only virtually they are only saved as a cad scene if you dont save this scene at the end or when you close the software its non existent , thats why nothing could happened if you load next time for example only the scans and not the scene at the beginnig when the software starts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom