Exocad and implant placement jigs

J

John C

Reaction score
Is there a work flow in Exocad that can be used to design an implant placement jig while designing custom abutments where the placement jig could be 3d printed? Or would an abutment need to be scanned in once complete and a jig designed over that. Anyone making placement jigs digitally?

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Maybe using the Bite Spling design?

I think you would have to save the final design of the abutments as an .stl (saving only the model and the abutment)
Create new project for a bite splint and then design it over the stl.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I just use a piece of tray material or primo splint if I want to be fancy...takes less than five minutes, no way I could design and produce one in that time frame digitally...

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
Is there a work flow in Exocad that can be used to design an implant placement jig while designing custom abutments where the placement jig could be 3d printed? Or would an abutment need to be scanned in once complete and a jig designed over that. Anyone making placement jigs digitally?
We have been doing this with exocad for a little while now. You have to design as a bitesplint so u can save the jig seperately from you abutments

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Salut John C, I prefer "beaucoup" the design on abutment scanned , I get a better grip and a better accuracy . no need Bite splint module ......
1 year ago , 1 abut = 1 minute , today with the last version 1abut = 30 sec

french greetings !

Top Bottom