Env. Health and ortho lab

Cory

Cory

Reaction score
Hello folks, doing some of my preliminary research before attempting to open an ortho lab from home, zoning department said I'm good to go and that I don't need any extra permits, but to check with environmental health in regards to the chemicals I'll be using. Gotta wait til tomorrow to call their offices, but wanted to know if anyone can tell me from experience what this part would entail. Thanks!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Get something to filter the monomer fumes, unless you want everything to seem hilarious by the end if the day. I believe there is a sponsor here that has fume filters. I suspect they would work for flatulence as well.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
just stick some underpants on your head and a couple of pencils up your nose, that should get you sorted.

Cory

Cory

Reaction score
Lol I'm sure it would come in handy if my English mastiff puppies hang around. Also seems like not everyone likes the smell of monomer... I can barely smell it anymore

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
Don't forget to check with your state dental board for their permit, gotta send my check to the man every november. Good for you! Glad you're gonna take the leap!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Lol I'm sure it would come in handy if my English mastiff puppies hang around. Also seems like not everyone likes the smell of monomer... I can barely smell it anymore
Mastiff puppies in plural? We just lost our 10yr old friend. Sad days, but yes a Mastiff could clear a room with noxious gases emanating from the ear end.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Mastiff puppies in plural? We just lost our 10yr old friend. Sad days, but yes a Mastiff could clear a room with noxious gases emanating from the ear end.
Sad to hear that 2th...:( I'll send ya a bear cub if I come across one, out here in the bush...cuddly little buggers...I like 'em ;)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear that 2th...:( I'll send ya a bear cub if I come across one, out here in the bush...cuddly little buggers...I like 'em
;)They are too hilariously cute when they 'attack'. We've black bears and occasionally you'll find where mama stashed baby.
Just gotta make sure you aren't between the two of them!

N

Nova

Reaction score
Hello folks, doing some of my preliminary research before attempting to open an ortho lab from home, zoning department said I'm good to go and that I don't need any extra permits, but to check with environmental health in regards to the chemicals I'll be using. Gotta wait til tomorrow to call their offices, but wanted to know if anyone can tell me from experience what this part would entail. Thanks!
Hello Cory I want to know your orthodontic lab, please send me email

Cory

Cory

Reaction score
Don't forget to check with your state dental board for their permit, gotta send my check to the man every november. Good for you! Glad you're gonna take the leap!

I looked at the Dental Board for California and couldn't find any mention for permits for Lab.. only lists dentists, hygienists, and RDAs.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
The reality is besides your state or local
Laws .. You should be concerned about your own health and others that may work in or visit the lab.
We all know monomer stinks .. It's heavier than air and literally hangs around like a bad smell. Use good Carbon filter extraction .. Better still but a fume cupboard and plumb it outside if you can . They are not that expensive and you might even pick up a cheap used one on the net.

Trimming and grinding .. Get the best dust extraction you can afford... You only get one set of lungs.

Other than that .. Minimal hazards for ortho.... Oh yea band aids for wire pricks!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
just be careful the DEA doesnt think you're a meth lab

Cory

Cory

Reaction score
The reality is besides your state or local
Laws .. You should be concerned about your own health and others that may work in or visit the lab.
We all know monomer stinks .. It's heavier than air and literally hangs around like a bad smell. Use good Carbon filter extraction .. Better still but a fume cupboard and plumb it outside if you can . They are not that expensive and you might even pick up a cheap used one on the net.

Trimming and grinding .. Get the best dust extraction you can afford... You only get one set of lungs.

Other than that .. Minimal hazards for ortho.... Oh yea band aids for wire pricks!

Oh definitely I like taking care of my health! don't plan to skimp on safety. I know the equipment i'll need, what I wanted to know what if there was any paperwork or any permit or inspection required.