Emergence

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
I have a three unit bridge both abutments implants #28 has the margin above the gum line 1mm on the distal lingual #30 100% above the gum line from 1mm to 2 1\2mm Dr. wants emergence to look like its growing out of the tissue how can I do this with out making a food trap. Implants are Astra Tech Dental TiDesign will this have to be screw in design as never done one of those any help would be most appreciated

doug

doug

Reaction score
Did you prep the abutments at all? Your best bet is to get custom CAD abutments through Atlantis/Astra. After that you should have very little to do short of a routine three unit bridge. Talk with the doc and see if you can schedule the patient out a little farther for delivery. If you have TiDesign abutments that are prepped, consider that the cost of the education and move forward. Maybe, just maybe your local Astra rep with help you out on the abutments. I'm trying to convert all of my implant single unit cases to custom abutments. It's so much easier and I can provide a unit price to the docs for the complete case top to bottom.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I agree with Doug here.......Do CAD/CAM through Atlantis since they are Astra or make yourself some cast-to/ucla custom abutments yourself if you have the time.

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the info and looked at case again this morning and see I can reduce the implant margin area down to maybe an exceptable level already adjusted the occlusal and still have your options. Does any one know of the Rep. in central Fla. in case this goes against me and Praise God for Doug and Lab Guy
Stan:whoo:

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine Stan. Sometimes those stock abutments taper inwards too much that you really can't take them down a whole bunch. Which is fine because it's an Astra, tons of abutment options for you. It's the implant systems (i.e. Dentsply's Ankylos system) that have no options is where you get into trouble and tend to find new curse words to add to your dictionary. :)

doug

doug

Reaction score
If you haven't prepped them yet see if you can go forward with the CAD abutments.
If you can, that would be the best bet.
The regional manager in central Fla is Joe Johnson. Here's his mobile #: 407-474-9192
Good Luck!

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Thanks again and again

I have a feeling this thread will go for a while. Something like this just confirms why the natives couldn't see Columbus's ships off shore because they never seen anything like it on the water could see the waves hitting something but not the ships. Doing this for more than 40yrs and something so foriegn as altering a die was not in my minds eye. No telling what is in our dimension we are unable to see,spooky:hail::hail:
new info really opens up a mind to new things that formally held them back this format has has been a boom for me

C

charles007

Reaction score
Stan the Man, the molarmaker,

I think were are both on the same page......Rob and Doug, where do we go to get the training for todays implants ?....working in a small lab... especially since we're both getting a scanner !
Charles

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Who said anything about a scanner????? Although I will admit, for such a small lab, I do tons of implants (still not sure why). I use to work with a lab that did 3-5 Million dollar in sales and never had as much implants as I do now......so the scanner is probably going to have to happen next year, we'll see. I have some great friends/lab owners (***, John, and soon Charles) who can bail me out if I need some CAD/CAM work. Which brings up a point, Stan if I were you, get with Scott/*** at Dominon Milling Center or John Wilson at Sunrise (both very active members on this forum) and they can always walk you through a case, especially when it comes to cad/cam and using zirconia as well.......a great resource. As for learning it, I've been to a few formal lectures and implant classes from the various manufacturers (3i, Noble-BioCare, Straumann) but mostly it's been from taking pictures and discussing it with other Dentists/Prosthodontists/Lab Techs. It takes time, years, not days or months, but every case you will learn something and develop tons of questions, I truly think Stan has just begun his journey into seeing what the possibilities are out there. Just my two cents, and if anyone has any questions, fire away. Lately I've been playing with a ton of the compatible systems (i.e. Implant Direct, MIS) and thats been interesting to see the advantages/disadvantages of such systems. Implants are a lot of fun these days, great avenue for some of you pc literate folks to get into for sure.

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
scanner?

charles what have you heard haven't got the ok from Drs yet but would be great