Emax Singles Bridge on a bar

JohanBarnard

JohanBarnard

Reaction score
John, these are actually Emax Ht with some layering on them. Had to build up under the microscope. The client wanted it. Not very practical, but fun to make.

John do you think it is possible to add a watermark to these photos like Affinity mentioned?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The watermark is something that any photo editing software can add, its something you will have to do to your originals than rehost/upload.

Again a very pretty case.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Yes and no Al. The ceramics was a lot easier and faster than a conventional bridge. It takes me a lot longer to make a bridge look good. The frame is the hard part. It is crucial to get the "preps"and margins in the correct place. It was made with duralay inside 3 different silicone masks, scanned and milled. I have done 5 of these in the last year. Now I would say the labour time is equal to a conventional bridge. The first one I made, took a lot longer.

Thats what I was thinking it is longer in some areas and quicker in others.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
WOW! Great!!! Eegggcelent. Thats world class right there. Thanks for sharing, and keep up the great work.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Fantastic result ! I`ve seen a few of these and just wonder if there is any future worry of staining at the e-max/gradia junction due to the bond ? Either way beautiful, Thanks for showing.

JohanBarnard

JohanBarnard

Reaction score
Thanks Dmonwaxa, very kind words. Work can always be improved on, I still have so much more to learn.

JohanBarnard

JohanBarnard

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay Martintay, easter rush!! Jury is still out on that one. I bond the crowns to the frame. Then etch the gingival margins of the crowns before adding the gum . Only time will tell. Only being doing my full arches this way for 18 months

M

martintay

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay Martintay, easter rush!! Jury is still out on that one. I bond the crowns to the frame. Then etch the gingival margins of the crowns before adding the gum . Only time will tell. Only being doing my full arches this way for 18 months
Don`t worry aout the delay, Thanks.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
outstanding teeth
no one would ever think that the patient has restorations

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Do you cover your emax margins with the gradia?

JohanBarnard

JohanBarnard

Reaction score
Yep, just a pinch. This allows me to polish it to a hygienic finish. I know the gum work is crap, but as a fixed restoration it has to be hygienic. Patient would spend a lifetime cleaning a stippled fixed gum.

D

Daniela

Reaction score
Wow, this is awesome!
What did you use for bonding?

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Very nice work. I've got a small one like this for next week. 6,7,8-splinted crowns 9,10,11 in an implant supported frame (massive bone loss). Young, attractive female.

JohanBarnard

JohanBarnard

Reaction score
Thank you Daniela. A clear dual cure composite. Name escapes me now. German product. Will let you know when I am back in the lab on Tuesday. Anything would do that burns out at well below Emax firing temperature. So crowns can be removed . Let's say implant is lost, new "leg" could be added to frame and the same crowns put back on. This technique future proofs the bridge.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Thank you Daniela. A clear dual cure composite. Name escapes me now. German product. Will let you know when I am back in the lab on Tuesday. Anything would do that burns out at well below Emax firing temperature. So crowns can be removed . Let's say implant is lost, new "leg" could be added to frame and the same crowns put back on. This technique future proofs the bridge.

Cool-how would you go about adding a "new leg" to the frame ? Lazer weld new part ?

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Awesome work Johan, will we be seeing a "Barnard" course sometime soon?

rod

rod

Reaction score
amazing!
like so much
i wonder if you could show the whole process
congratulations!
i'll try in my own cases too
thanx!

Top Bottom