Emax pressed over white gold greening

neila

neila

Reaction score
Could anyone offer help with regards some type of contamination when we are pressing Emax Inline POM over white gold. We have tried many types of gold from different suppliers obviously with no silver. We still get a greening effect when we apply the stain and fire it. Before firing it looks fine. We have cleaned the furnaces with different products, numerous times. It does not happen every time, but often enough to make this a huge problem. We have no issues with yellow gold or non-precious. Wherever the stain is applied it turns a yellowy green colour. Any ideas?

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Could anyone offer help with regards some type of contamination when we are pressing Emax Inline POM over white gold. We have tried many types of gold from different suppliers obviously with no silver. We still get a greening effect when we apply the stain and fire it. Before firing it looks fine. We have cleaned the furnaces with different products, numerous times. It does not happen every time, but often enough to make this a huge problem. We have no issues with yellow gold or non-precious. Wherever the stain is applied it turns a yellowy green colour. Any ideas?

I am a little confused here? You mentioned "e.max InLine PoM over white gold"
But I assume you are doing the InLine PoM technique. e.max is a metal free system not to be pressed over metal.
You mentioned you did a purging cycle in your ovens. Have you tried the Vision USA Purge All & Purge All Plus Yet? VisionUSA - Purge-All / Purge-All Plus and Purge ZR
Please try this product and let us know if you see any improvement. It is the best stuff on the market and it works. Be sure you purge ALL your firing trays AND pins in the oven also. Use both the Purge All & the Purge all Plus. Run this through a couple times.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
only time ive had it happen is from the pegs i fire crowns on, but never used inline POM.. try new tray and pegs... other than that, if its the metal, try a different metal, maybe it has copper or something that is outgassing..