Emax MT ingot press program?

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Are you guys pressing the MT ingots in your EP press Furnaces with the Impulse Programs?
I had a misspress yesterday of the first MT ingot press. Pulse 200g program.
915 and a 25 minute hold... sound right for the MTs?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Yes, that's the program and temps I use. EP5k. No mispresses. Maybe check your burnout? I love the MT ingots.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I've just been pressing them at the default setting for standard emax in my EP 600. Yes, love the MT ingots, also.

Edit: I did turn on my press, just to make sure of my numbers, and for me, and the results I'm looking for (to press wax margin flash) I'm at 923 for 25 mn for large rings, and 923 for 15 mn for small rings. I also lowered the stop speed, but I won't post those numbers, as my above numbers may already have some people here up in arms. And no, I'm not getting bubbles or any anomalies in my pressings (maybe just a bit more reaction layer?, but hardly negligible)

frankenstein20villagers_zps60be5403.jpg

Last edited:
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I've just been pressing them at the default setting for standard emax in my EP 600. Yes, love the MT ingots, also.

Edit: I did turn on my press, just to make sure of my numbers, and for me, and the results I'm looking for (to press wax margin flash) I'm at 923 for 25 mn for large rings, and 923 for 15 mn for small rings. I also lowered the stop speed, but I won't post those numbers, as my above numbers may already have some people here up in arms. And no, I'm not getting bubbles or any anomalies in my pressings (maybe just a bit more reaction layer?, but hardly negligible)

frankenstein20villagers_zps60be5403.jpg
Nothing wrong with that. You want to press and burnout at the lowest possible temp you can with a successful pressing.
I may lower it if I get some flash or crappy texture/reaction layer.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, Marcus :)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Part of my helping to press wax margin over extension, was in lowering my stop speed to help press that extension/flash, again it is only the areas that do have a bit of it in the wax (I get really good, very good margins). But with that, I did have to go to Shofu's Ceravety investment to help keep the small rings from splitting (it's a stronger denser investment). I'm willing to put up with that, for the results I'm getting.

Last edited:
Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Are you guys pressing the MT ingots in your EP press Furnaces with the Impulse Programs?
I had a misspress yesterday of the first MT ingot press. Pulse 200g program.
915 and a 25 minute hold... sound right for the MTs?

That is the correct program for the MTs (since they are the same ingot as the Values). If your oven doesn't have the Impulse Programs, you can use the HT Program.

Later this summer, there will be an update to the furnace software for the EP3000/5000 and EP3010/5010 to add an MT specific program (but will probably be the exact same program as the Impulse with a different label). :)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Patrick, when they update the ep5k, it would be really nice if they would move MO and HO to the 2nd screen since they are seldom used and put the MT and POM programs on the first screen! Or is there a way the user can re-arrange those?

And when do they project the availability of more MT shades?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Patrick, when they update the ep5k, it would be really nice if they would move MO and HO to the 2nd screen since they are seldom used and put the MT and POM programs on the first screen! Or is there a way the user can re-arrange those?

And when do they project the availability of more MT shades?

Doubtful they would rearrange program groups, and of course all the Ivoclar programs are locked, so no way to move them yourself unless you want to copy all programs (except Multi) to individual groups and arrange as you like.

Have not heard of any date for expanded shades.

doug

doug

Reaction score
When is the new material being introduced?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Car, we use Cerevety as well. I use it for casting also.
So I pressed my second ring ever of MT ingots.
The first one never pressed. EP5k impulse 200g program. Barely pressed a spru.
Today, the mofo gave me the crack detection error. And the program stopped pressing half way. And there wasn't even a hairline fracture in the ring. FML.
200g ring two large molars 842 burnout that was at the high temp for two hours.
I rarely have issues pressing, then my first two MT presses fail.
I will try again in the Dekema Press. But would like to iron out the issue with the Programat.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I also have a few vials of ML ingots and some rings. I will soon attempt a test press of 4 anteriors. Hope it is worth it.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Car, we use Cerevety as well. I use it for casting also.
So I pressed my second ring ever of MT ingots.
The first one never pressed. EP5k impulse 200g program. Barely pressed a spru.
Today, the mofo gave me the crack detection error. And the program stopped pressing half way. And there wasn't even a hairline fracture in the ring. FML.
200g ring two large molars 842 burnout that was at the high temp for two hours.
I rarely have issues pressing, then my first two MT presses fail.
I will try again in the Dekema Press. But would like to iron out the issue with the Programat.

Can you post a couple pictures of the units still attached to the button. A couple different angles would be helpful.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
No it got trashed. I sprued it the same way I sprued the last 5,000 units that pressed well. I think it was bad luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom