Emax ingots

Jimbo

Jimbo

Reaction score
Guys, I'm trying to figure out these Emax ingots. I have to go a shade lighter on the LT ingots and shade them down.

The HT's seem to grey for any shade. Even tried 2 shades lighter and still too grey.

You can't go by the Ivoclar Ingot chart at all.

Any ideas?

popcorn

Jim

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Guys, I'm trying to figure out these Emax ingots. I have to go a shade lighter on the LT ingots and shade them down.

The HT's seem to grey for any shade. Even tried 2 shades lighter and still too grey.

You can't go by the Ivoclar Ingot chart at all.

Any ideas?

popcorn

Jim

You CAN use the chart as a guide or a starting point. The final determination is up to you and your eyeballs. If your using HT ingots for larger, full coverage stuff, then yes.....low value will be the result. Keep those for inlay, onlay, SMALL crowns and veneers & only when you have a lighter color prep. Try and get your dentists to give you prep/stump shades. When your dealing with an all-ceramic case those or very important.
An easy way of using the ingots is this: The HT's are more of an enamel replacement and the LT's are for dentin replacement (the LT's look really best when skimmed with corresponding incisal powder).

Jimbo

Jimbo

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I still have issues with say a LTA1 looking to dark for A1.
Do you go a shade lighter? If so, what would you use?

Thanks!

Jim

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
For an A1 you would have to drop back to a Bleach ingot.

Im not in lab at the Moment but will have a look in the morning as to exactly what they recommend. Would be something like a BL3 maybe

Jimbo

Jimbo

Reaction score
Thats what I used. The BL4 has a little peachy look to it so I went with BL3

Thanks guys for your input.

Jim

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Your ingot selection is going to depend 100% upon the shade of the preps.

Do your self a favor and get die spacers that are color coordinated or close with your prep shade guide.

Im putting porc on this one tomorrow. The script calls for 1M1 with a 1M2 gin band.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_1_1.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_2_1.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_3_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_1_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_2_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_3_1.jpg

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Looks like you used MO ingots on the regular tooth stumps and maybe the HO on the metal prep? When their all layered the best part is you will never tell whats underneath!! Thats the beauty of multiple substrates and one layering ceramic.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Does anyone remember OPC 3G?. I still have the full kit and have found the stains and veneering porcelains to be compatable.

C

clearH2O

Reaction score
3G

Does anyone remember OPC 3G?. I still have the full kit and have found the stains and veneering porcelains to be compatable.
Hi rkm rdt, I have OPG 3G pellets, but do not have 3G porcelain. Could you help me to use these pellets? Please contact <[email protected]>
thanks
clearH2O

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you would use them for without a veneering porcelain.Since the 3G was a lithium disilicate its possible that you could veneer it with Emax .

I have found the 3G stains work well with the Emax .

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al, Are you using Taub smart spacer?

Yes, next time I go to lexington Im going to go to a hobby shop and look at their model paints.

The paints you use for military models are all earth colors. I bet I can find the stump guide colors there.

The taub spacer smells like model airplane paint.