emax - incomplete press ?

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
good morning all-
We have been pressing emax for a while with fantastic results, over the last week or so we have gotten 2 incomplete presses:confused:

the only thing that has changed is the color of the wax prints we recieve
they were blue now they are green ( dont know if they are different?)

please correct me if i am wrong -
a incomplete press is due to a incomplete burnout- i was thinking of raising my burn out temp-
we currently burnout at 1600' for 1hr ( 15' heat rate)

we press 100 gram rings ( zubler vario press 300)

entry temp 700'
heat rate 60' per minute
high temp- 925'
hold time 15 minutes
press time 8 minutes

Greg Amendola MDT
IMAG0016.jpg

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
Zubler...entry 700, slow your heat rate to 60, high temp 919 (obviously has to be dialed in at your specific altitude and power supply),15 min hold and max press time 10 min.

Are you using the iPress program?

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
Zubler...entry 700, slow your heat rate to 60, high temp 919 (obviously has to be dialed in at your specific altitude and power supply),15 min hold and max press time 10 min.

Are you using the iPress program?

sorry that was a type o on my part i am at a 60' heat rate
no i am not using i-press

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Your temps are what I use in a non Ivo oven but my H2is 5:00 min in 100
and 7:30 min in 200gm so your h2 at 10 should have been plenty (maybe too much).
How thin is the occ fossa. Sometimes have to double sprue if opposite cusp is thick.
Recent emax study club stressed " up and out" referring to using the sprue guide to get units in the correct zone.
All simple and you probably have checked off already.

"Yet another long series of diversions to avoid responsibility "

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
How thin is the occ fossa. Sometimes have to double sprue if opposite cusp is thick.

1mm- real flat occusal table

E

eddopak

Reaction score
Hey Greg,i have the same setting on my whipmix.But on my press time is higher,try your press time 15:00min.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
That looks like a really small button, but could just be the photo. Did you weigh your wax pattern?

Don't want to gloat, but man am I glad I'm done with this stuff. We've run about 100 units through our new EP5000, man is it nice. Little to no reaction layer and margins are perfect. The press just looks better in general too. Seems more homoginous or "dense".

That Dentsply piece of crap is now a back-up glaze oven, but I really feel like pumping half a dozen 12 gauge rounds into it for all the head-aches it gave me. Worst piece of equipment, ever.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
The button does look small in the photo. I have had complete pressings with a button of similar size, but you may have had too much wax for one ingot.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Since I press with the ep5000, I'm worthless for helping others with bad presses... Are you sprues positioned in the middle of the ring ? and crowns out of the thermal zone.. We were taught to sprue on the corners of the sprue former.

charles

Last edited:
A

AWSDL

Reaction score
HI, we have been pressing emax for over 5years now and literally thousands of units.
Just recently had two incomplete pressings. That is the pattern was not complete on one unit only out of the four units in the pressing..
Been doing everything the same as recommended. Not changed anything. Use EP 3000