eMax Breaks during divesting...

I

ivanzo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

3 unit bridge emax PRESS, when i divest the ring, the framework just break instantly.

It break into 2 piece at the pontic, is like breaking glass bowl that spilt into two.

This situation had happened twice! anyone knows why?

Pressing Temp : 950c
Perfect fitting, perfect margin!
3 sprues. 1 small LT ingot.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What is your devesting procedure?

I

ivanzo

Reaction score
What is your devesting procedure?
Hi,

i use carbide bur to contour the investment then sandblast... but just now when my bur landed on the investment, the bridge just break into two.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Upload a photo please.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Hi,

i use carbide bur to contour the investment then sandblast... but just now when my bur landed on the investment, the bridge just break into two.

...did you try just sand only ?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Hi,

Carbides ! you should know carbides are not allowed on emax,
If you check your manual you will see a separately disk used and a sandblaster to devest...........
Don't know why your bridge broke and afraid to ask about your other what might be usual techniques ?
Follow the emax rules to a T, or get into waste deep $hip

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Hi guys,

3 unit bridge emax PRESS, when i divest the ring, the framework just break instantly.

It break into 2 piece at the pontic, is like breaking glass bowl that spilt into two.

This situation had happened twice! anyone knows why?

Pressing Temp : 950c
Perfect fitting, perfect margin!
3 sprues. 1 small LT ingot.

Press temp 950c? Press temp for LT is only 915c. charles007 is right. See the manual. Disk to cut ring should NOT touch the ceramic except possibly the button, use glass beads @ 4bar for bulk devesting, 2bar for fine devesting. See pg 46 "e.max press monolithic solutions" http://www.ivoclarvivadent.us/zoolu...nt/27583/IPS+e-max+Press+Monolithic+Solutions for directions.

B

Bea

Reaction score
Im new to this site and have some things to sell (ovens Zubler vario press 300 ) am I aloud to sell stuff ???

C

charles007

Reaction score
It sounds like someone doesn't have a manual 3 sprues, carbides and using 950c
ivanzo your a fairly new member,,,:Hello: over the weekend try to catch up on the hundreds +++ of tips in the emax posts for pressing and layering...;)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Im new to this site and have some things to sell (ovens Zubler vario press 300 ) am I aloud to sell stuff ???

Look in forums tab at top and scroll toward bottom of list under misc. Not sure how many posts you need to list there....

I

ivanzo

Reaction score
I

ivanzo

Reaction score
It sounds like someone doesn't have a manual 3 sprues, carbides and using 950c
ivanzo your a fairly new member,,,:Hello: over the weekend try to catch up on the hundreds +++ of tips in the emax posts for pressing and layering...;)

Hi @charles007 , yeah. i am new member and new to IPS Emax. Cheers for all the advice! This forum is awesome, i learnt alot here.

Top Bottom