Eclipse light cure

• Thread starter Mile Zero Denture Clinic
  • Start date
Mile Zero Denture Clinic

Mile Zero Denture Clinic

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the eclipse light cure material not bonding to acrylic when adding on to partials?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
No , but it sounds like you have.
Care to elaborate?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
You may have to use a special syrup.....a thicker (monomer) from dentsply...did I just say that? Not sure if it would bond completely with regular acrylic though.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
They do have a bonding agent that you are supposed to use bond with teeth and acrylics. I remember having to put the teeth in a tin with the bonding agent and setting it on a hot plate to help this bonding agent to soak into the teeth and soften them. There was also another procedure for bonding acryilc add-ons or repairs to the denture base, although I don't remember that right now.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Or....you can always call Dentsply's tech support.

Mile Zero Denture Clinic

Mile Zero Denture Clinic

Reaction score
Thanks for your input! We have just started to use the eclipse materials so a little bit of trial and error is to be expected i guess. So far the material has bonded but it just doesnt look like a good bond.

kellyniro98

kellyniro98

Reaction score
mile zero: i have run into the EXACT same issues with eclipse light cure material.
i started using "Mega tray" brand- everything is coming out PERFECT.
send me a message i will get u the number. they are also much cheaper than eclipse. its like 42 dollars.

Mile Zero Denture Clinic

Mile Zero Denture Clinic

Reaction score
mile zero: i have run into the EXACT same issues with eclipse light cure material.
send me a message i will get u the number. they are also much cheaper than eclipse. its like 42 dollars.
Id be interested in looking into this brand! care to share?!

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score

Can you please provide the product name of the material, I use the tray and baseplate material but was unaware of their LC denture base material.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I tried once to add on using eclispse and it doesn't bond well to heat cured acrylic. At the time I was trying to make flange extensions that were missing on a reline case....I did end up making some extensions using Ivobase cold....that worked out quite well. So I would use Ivobase cold....I have added on to partials with Ivobase cold or a flasked heat cured method. You have to have the right consistency.