e.max hybid abutment try in suggestions

queenp

queenp

Reaction score
In trying in an abutment prior to bonding it what are my best options? I thought I saw somewhere that someone elmers glued the e.max to the ti base for a try in because it was easier to separate afterwards without fracturing. Any constructive feedback or ideas on this?
Thanks

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
No, just one of the few times I'm at my desk. I may be a big guy, but I make sure to keep some one around that runs slower than me. That way I don't have to outrun the gators, as long as I can out run the other guy!

queenp

queenp

Reaction score
We recommend using extra light PVS impression material (Virtual Extra Light Body - Fast Set). This works extremely well, and is easy to separate for final bonding.

Will that provide enough hold so that it doesn't separate? The ti base is deep and with less than ideal placement, there will be resistance from the tissue on the e.max.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
In most cases, yes. It really does provide a lot of resistance, more than I expected.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
maybe you should not use emax if its deep because you may have a fair bit of unsupported ceramic

queenp

queenp

Reaction score
maybe you should not use emax if its deep because you may have a fair bit of unsupported ceramic

It's a 3.0 Legacy 3 on tooth #7, there aren't many options for making this more esthetic than the stock abutment I have to work with, no custom zirconia abutment is available so I'm being creative:)

The titanium is plenty long (longer than a ti base) I just want it covered with something that isn't gray!

The area that concerns me on trying this in is the displacement of the tissue, I just don't want it separating into two pieces in the mouth because then we won't accomplish what we need at the appointment.

queenp

queenp

Reaction score
In most cases, yes. It really does provide a lot of resistance, more than I expected.

Patrick

What is the minimum thickness the e.max needs to be at the base around the titanium? They were unable to get the abutment to seat. I'l thin down the area subgingival as much following those parameters. From there they will probable have to laser the tissue or something...

queenp

queenp

Reaction score
Thanks you very much Patrick where can I get a copy of this to print out, it is exactly what I need.