e max glaze?

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
I am having problems in the glaze turning out like I want with a full press crown, not a problem with veneered. I surface with a diamond and fire at 730 degrees with a 1 minute hold with the e max glaze paste. Sometimes it takes 3-4 cycles:confused:. I like a more natural glaze appearance, not glassy, any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
I use the fluorescent glaze and crank it to 800, if you apply it correctly is comes out nice

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
p.s. I pre-finish with a green mounted stone

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
I am having problems in the glaze turning out like I want with a full press crown, not a problem with veneered. I surface with a diamond and fire at 730 degrees with a 1 minute hold with the e max glaze paste. Sometimes it takes 3-4 cycles:confused:. I like a more natural glaze appearance, not glassy, any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

We have had these e.max glaze discussions on here in the past. Your issue can be EASILY and QUICKLY fixed!
First, when your doing full contour (Monolithic) e.max restorations, you MUST fire the glaze paste at 770 degrees celcius. If your using any other over besides an Ivoclar oven, you should have that temp set at about 785 C. The Ivoclar's fire a bit hotter than most others on the market. Make sure your pull (start) vacuum at 450 C and then stop (release) 1 degree Celcius below your high temp and hold like you have been for 1 minute. Second, application is key! Don't "wisk" it on lightly. Squeeze some glaze out, mix it really good until it gets creamy, then put it on heavier than what you think. Try not to thin out the glaze with the glaze liquid too much, otherwise your diluting the glaze. Do these 2 things and you will be very happy and amazed by the results. You should be able to get them in 1 glaze and if not just a quick buff with some Diashine and soft Robinson bruch will nail it. Even with the heavier application, don't worry, your surface textures will still be there.
When your doing e.max layered with ceram and glazing the 730 temp is working because the e.max ceram is covering the lithium disilicate. Hope that helps you. Let us know.