• Welcome to Dental Lab Network
    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.max Ceram - New Firing Parameters

Discussion in 'All Porcelain-Press' started by Contraluz, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Contraluz

Contraluz Member Full Member

So, Ivoclar came out with new firing parameters for e.max ceram on LS2 and ZrO2. It is a two stage firing and the end temperature is lowered by 20 degrees... I tried it on a couple crowns, today. And yes, I still layer anteriors, and will so for a while... :cool:. Anyway, I actually 'think', I can feel a difference in surface quality. I would like to know what brought them to do that, after e.max being on the marked for more than 10 years, already...

For whom is interested in them, please find them attached to this post.

Edit: Orthographies

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    2. adl

adl Active Member Full Member

I'm assuming it has to do with the density of the porcelain

3. Contraluz

Contraluz Member Full Member

That is what I think, too. Still, I find it interesting that Ivoclar would implement such a "drastic" change in the protocol, after ten years...

4. Patrick Coon
      Happy

Patrick Coon Active Member Full Member

We are always trying to improve our products and listen to the market. We still have the original parameters in the furnaces and will even after the next furnace update in the 1st quarter of 2017. but will also include the "NEW" 2-stage firing parameters. Most people still get good results from the original program, but we feel that the new one is slightly better, especially on ZrO2 where we stay at the high temp a little longer and allow the restoration to get a little more heat energy, although going to a lower temp.