E-MAX AND Zirconia Glazing

hdlc

hdlc

Reaction score
e.max glaze at 870 and no hold time, it will remove any cracks at the same time. Only one glaze needed.

smilesatgalleria

smilesatgalleria

Reaction score
EMAX Fluo and stains are the best choice for glaze we used it in our clinic the review are good so it is the best quality glaze.

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
Our current setup is Ice stains from Zirkonzahn and super glaze paste from talldium. Sometimes a second glaze firing is needed but not all the time. Result are very consistent, as long as the zr is colored properly, then more staining is needed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Are you using the regular Ice Stains or Ice 3D?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Huge FYI on InSyn Glaze paste !

Very important to stir Glaze Paste aprox 20-30 to seconds every time you use it for best results. If properly stirred, the glaze paste is more fluid
and streams off the tip of your stirring instrument. You will see the difference with the extended stirring time. (You also must stir through out the day if glazing
multiple times over the day.) Regular colored stains are ok to stir once per day, or when they thicken up,,, add Stain Liquid when needed.
If Glaze paste needs thinning, add a touch to your brush only. Do not add liquid directly into your Glaze paste !!!!
Most of my crowns are glazed in 1 firing. In those rare times I need to use a lot of stain, I fire stains only, then second firing with glaze paste and touch
up stains. If you don't miss (over look a spot) with glaze, it only takes 1 firing. If your seeing unglazed areas, that means there was no glaze paste or
to much glaze liquid.
InSyn Stains, GC Lustre, Emax stains/Flu, all show 1 and 2 fire glazing techniques in their manuals... Probably a better idea to use the 2 step glaze firing.

I've tried all the materials and they all work great.;) I prefer InSyn because of extended colors in the kit, and they don't puddle or run after firing.
As far as getting poor glazing results with any brand of glaze stain kit, its all about mixing glaze paste correctly and not having glaze paste to thin !.........InSyn glaze and stains is one of those products on the market
that's hard to get poor results if you follow directions.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive been using insync for a year or so now, on everything.. It glazes nice. but the colors are terrible. Some are usable, but others.. Hmmmm2

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive been using insync for a year or so now, on everything.. It glazes nice. but the colors are terrible. Some are usable, but others.. Hmmmm2
Agreed. A color is ok usually for A-1, A-2, but I need to add the #1 e.max color in for the more chroma rich A's. C color doesnt cut it for C-3, C-4...I add a bit of blue in with the brown. Its good to have a full pallet and not try to be an artist with just a few crayons.

CAD BANE

CAD BANE

Reaction score
InSync Glaze Spray isn't that great, we have tried it many ways and its coverage is poor.
Enamel Lite Fluoresce Spray from Keystone covers same as InSync Glaze Spray(the bottles and spray tips are the exact same)
and they both are poor at glazing FCZs. We'd rate the both out of 10.. a 4 maybe.
EMAX Fluo and stains are the best choice and most dynamic for FCZs. GC colors are good but material is still gritty(Ceramics in material) needs higher temps to smooth them out. InSync has good colors, pulls while applying, white streaks and 2 glaze firings is a down side.
We used to use InSync & Emax Fluo 40/60 to help stretch out the cost of Emax Fluo, but if its not mixed correctly the InSync will cause streaking and pulling.. not worth going back to re glaze.. time is $$$
How many coats of InSync spray glaze are you applying before firing? What temperature are you firing the InSync spray glaze?
I have been getting excellent results with the InSync Spray glaze. Shake the can for about 30 seconds to get the ball inside the can mixing the material well. I apply two light coats of application, one right after the other letting the material turn white before the 2nd application and then firing it at 790c in my Dekema. Looks as good if not better than any paste glaze...
View attachment 21537 View attachment 21537

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Mix colors and try another stain color when your shade if off....
Yesterday 1 fcz was A4, zirconia was light, used both A & D stain to adjust.
Many A shades crowns I use both A and many times B stain works better..
InSyn Orange is another shade I use sometimes on certain shades...
For those that think A-D stains colors are off,,, its the zirconia shade that's off !
Many times the value and hue is off, plain and simple. Just painting on stain A, B or X will not correct
the shade back to selected sintered shade.

user name

user name

Reaction score
How many coats of InSync spray glaze are you applying before firing? What temperature are you firing the InSync spray glaze?
I have been getting excellent results with the InSync Spray glaze. Shake the can for about 30 seconds to get the ball inside the can mixing the material well. I apply two light coats of application, one right after the other letting the material turn white before the 2nd application and then firing it at 790c in my Dekema. Looks as good if not better than any paste glaze...
View attachment 21537 View attachment 21537
790 is a bit toasty. That would be fine for FCZ, but one of the attributes of InSync glaze was its low firing temps so that it could be used over PFZ.

BTW...long time no see. I hope things are going well.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The only thing I hate about insync is that it comes in tiny amounts :rolleyes:...would like to see a larger jar...

K

KIM

Reaction score
The only thing I hate about insync is that it comes in tiny amounts :rolleyes:...would like to see a larger jar...
Thanks everyone for the great comments (Mostly!) on InSync. The reason the paste glaze does not come in larger jars is because the consistency (Separation of liquid and glaze material) cannot be controlled as easily as it can be in a 4g jar. We've experimented with 15g and 20g jar but we don't like it's consistency as much as we do in the 4g jar.

K

KIM

Reaction score
InSync Glaze Spray isn't that great, we have tried it many ways and its coverage is poor.
Enamel Lite Fluoresce Spray from Keystone covers same as InSync Glaze Spray(the bottles and spray tips are the exact same)
and they both are poor at glazing FCZs. We'd rate the both out of 10.. a 4 maybe.
EMAX Fluo and stains are the best choice and most dynamic for FCZs. GC colors are good but material is still gritty(Ceramics in material) needs higher temps to smooth them out. InSync has good colors, pulls while applying, white streaks and 2 glaze firings is a down side.
We used to use InSync & Emax Fluo 40/60 to help stretch out the cost of Emax Fluo, but if its not mixed correctly the InSync will cause streaking and pulling.. not worth going back to re glaze.. time is $$$
TS, sometimes you have to try it in the can more than once before you realize you like it! It takes a little getting used to but a lot of people prefer it in the can. Me? I'm a jar guy m

Last edited:
CAD BANE

CAD BANE

Reaction score
790 is a bit toasty. That would be fine for FCZ, but one of the attributes of InSync glaze was its low firing temps so that it could be used over PFZ.

BTW...long time no see. I hope things are going well.
Things are good! It has been a while.

Recommended fire temp for InSync Spray is 780c. Recommended fire temp for InSync Paste is 740c. I was referring to using InSync Spray Glaze and firing it at 790c on my Dekema. I agree, 790c for InSync Paste would be a little toasty but that is not what I was referring to.

I hope all is well!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
TS, sometimes you have to try it in the can more than once before you realize you like it! It takes a little getting used to but a lot of people prefer it in the can. Me? I'm a jar guy m

I'm liking the jar for the buccal and ging, and the spray for the occlusion. You can more accurately place your stains in a more controlled consistency, then spray the occlusion lightly to start the glaze process, then on the 2nd glaze, use the paste. I haven't gotten the hang of the spray glaze down yet, so that's what I'm doing for now.