Doing Business in Texas

M

minion

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm currently self employed doing lab work in California. No certification required. Just a business license. I might have to relocate to Texas. Does anyone know what requirements are needed to open lab there. Any insight great appreciated.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
PM Tommy the Texan, he will be able to give you all the info you need. (Tom Moore).
You might need a translator tho...
He writes in his own Tex-Mex, hillbilly, archaic backwater style that no one understands.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
For me to do business there I had to take an online test of Tx regulations, for a fee of course , provide a notarized copy of my CDT certificate and fill an application.
It then had to be mailed to the board for approval.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
For me to do business there I had to take an online test of Tx regulations, for a fee of course , provide a notarized copy of my CDT certificate and fill an application.
It then had to be mailed to the board for approval.

At least you get to work with photos rather than having to comply with this:

(a) The following procedures, performed in relation to permitted dental laboratory services described in Occupations Code, §266.001, and pursuant to a written prescription from a licensed dentist, may be undertaken by a registered dental laboratory: (1) Shade taking. Dental laboratories providing this service shall institute and maintain infection control procedures for in-laboratory shade verification to protect the patient and laboratory staff from infectious contamination. Each laboratory shall: (A) Dedicate a specific area of the laboratory for performance of shade verification procedures. (B) Maintain the area used for shade verification in a neat, clean, and clutter-free state at all times. (C) Disinfect areas of patient contact both before and after each patient. (D) Provide a dedicated set of shade guides to be used only for patient shade verification, and disinfect shade guides before and after each use. (E) Provide a patient hand mirror for extraoral use, and disinfect the mirror before and after each patient's use. (F) Use a disinfecting agent for cleaning shade guides that are accidentally dropped. (G) Require that the technicians taking the shade wear protective clothing, including gloves.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
You have to be a CDT, get a license from the state, take a jurisprudence test every three years. Once you have the cdt the rest is just about money. CDT= about $150 per year, License+ about $140, Jurisprudense+ about $60. Go to the TSBDE for more info, good luck!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You have to be a CDT, get a license from the state, take a jurisprudence test every three years. Once you have the cdt the rest is just about money. CDT= about $150 per year, License+ about $140, Jurisprudense+ about $60. Go to the TSBDE for more info, good luck!
Good to see you're still lurking about.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm currently self employed doing lab work in California. No certification required. Just a business license. I might have to relocate to Texas. Does anyone know what requirements are needed to open lab there. Any insight great appreciated.

A fist fight with Tom Moore! The winner gets TX!! Just make sure you put the results on here, preferably a video of the event!! haha