Digital dentures for a small lab

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Are there any digital denture solutions for a small in house lab? I don't want to farm everything out some necessary things would be ok.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You want the whole denture milled/printed or a combo of digital and analog?

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
Are there any digital denture solutions for a small in house lab? I don't want to farm everything out some necessary things would be ok.
Take a look at Hereaus and their digital denture offerings. They can print you the try-in and then you can finish the denture conventionally. Otherwise I don't think anyone else is cost effective. Most of our clients don't want to pay extra for the digital denture, they just want a denture that is cost effective, quality and timely.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Take a look at Hereaus and their digital denture offerings. They can print you the try-in and then you can finish the denture conventionally. Otherwise I don't think anyone else is cost effective. Most of our clients don't want to pay extra for the digital denture, they just want a denture that is cost effective, quality and timely.
Hereaus totally takes the denture out of the hands of the technician. Doc takes impressions hands it to me I put it in a box mail it to an approved licensed lab who scans and designs. They make it maybe send me a picture of a mock up that I have to approve. Then mail the denture to me. They say the words we are for technicians, but I literally asked the guy what do I do? He would not answer me just danced and continued to talk to the Drs.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
You want the whole denture milled/printed or a combo of digital and analog?
Either would be fine, I just really need to get up to speed on what is going on in this niche. It is the future don't want to be left behind.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Either would be fine, I just really need to get up to speed on what is going on in this niche. It is the future don't want to be left behind.
Check out Amann Girrbach system. They have had that going for a few years. Process/inject after milling the base and teeth. Stuck with Heraus teeth now, but with a little ingenuity you could probably use what ever you want with their system.
https://www.amanngirrbach.com/filea...hures/Brochures/EN/Ceramill_FDS_Folder_EN.pdf

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
exocad zirkonzahn will be able to custom mill or print your own denture tooth and you mill your base. - we're pretty excited for it

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
I think that is the idea, if a few schools don't open up, won't be any denture dudes to leave behind anyway.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
The Amann Girrbach is the only system I would consider today. It allows you to control everything in house and do everything digitally except for the bonding of the teeth.

IMO Avadent has the best digital denture option on the market currently but your not processing in house. I also don't like the fact they originally tried to cut us labs out and now there trying to market and work with us.

For those that have not seen it Avadent now has a denture that is milled from a single monolithic puck that there calling Avadent XCL.

They partnered with Dentsply and there supplying them with pucks that are a combination of Lucitone 199 acrylic and IPN tooth shade material. We had a Rep come by and allow us to inspect the XCL denture and I have to say it was pretty damn amazing.

I was told that there currently only supplying these pucks to Avadent but it was hinted to me that they would become available for anyone to purchase in the future. This will really open up the door to anyone that has a mill. Basically works much the same as multilayer zirconia pucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The Amann Girrbach is the only system I would consider today. It allows you to control everything in house and do everything digitally except for the bonding of the teeth.

IMO Avadent has the best digital denture option on the market currently but your not processing in house. I also don't like the fact they originally tried to cut us labs out and now there trying to market and work with us.

For those that have not seen it Avadent now has a denture that is milled from a single monolithic puck that there calling Avadent XCL.

They partnered with Dentsply and there supplying them with pucks that are a combination of Lucitone 199 acrylic and IPN tooth shade material. We had a Rep come by and allow us to inspect the XCL denture and I have to say it was pretty damn amazing.

I was told that there currently only supplying these pucks to Avadent but it was hinted to me that they would become available for anyone to purchase in the future. This will really open up the door to anyone that has a mill. Basically works much the same as multilayer zirconia pucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any guess what the unmilled puck thickness was? Being the buccal tooth heigh and lingual tooth heith are difrerent they must have a selection of pucks for various ridge divergency widths.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I think that is the idea, if a few schools don't open up, won't be any denture dudes to leave behind anyway.
I'd love to see one of these things attempts to do a setup on a birdbeak ridge shape in class 2 or three. Human touch will be needed for the outliers for long to come, position yourself regionally instead of locally and read read read read to be ready for always and only getting the most, uhm... interesting, stuff.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I am in house with my brother and father I am pretty secure in my position.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Digital dentures? That game will be going direct as soon as you market the idea to enough Drs. Shareholders are all that matter, and YOU will be in the way of profits.

examplehttp://www.dentsplyortholab.com/
That side of the industry is going to be digital as well like it or don't. I would think it would be better to start learning digital
and applying your own acquired knowledge to a digital flow and have a discriminator that makes you more appealing than
corporate swine denture mills.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how Ivoclars digital denture turns out? It was introduced last week at the IDT.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
What are your thoughts regarding digital and where its going Tom? You are a veteran of the industry and am curious as to what your opinion is.TX!

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Until they scan the arches, design and mill a denture that doesn't need to be polished and that's it, it is a waste of time and money at this point. They are going to save the file for a future lost or damaged denture?? Soft tissues change from day to day due to hydration levels alone, never mind all the other variables I don't remember at this moment that come into play with a denture patient , like repeatable centric. I am not anti-digital, I am buying a scanner sometime this year, it's just that the technology has a LONG way to go.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
the 3ahape scanner has a denture base module.
if I can do a setup then pop out the teeth
and scan the wax model and mill the base it will be great.

anyone know who sells denture base pucks?