Die Model creation (3Shape)

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a nice stone model that I want to make a died model out of, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. I try making a fake crown on it but the insertion direction is all wrong and makes it so tedious to do anything I feel it is incorrect.

Anyone got any ideas? I want to take this nice model we made and create a nice show piece with individual dies for each tooth that we are going to then print.

Cheers,

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you are doing it right, fake a crown/coping and just make all them neightboring teeth.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
you are doing it right, fake a crown/coping and just make all them neightboring teeth.

So I tried doing the copings, and I had to label it as an unsectioned model. I finished the coping and it did not allow me to make a model... Cant make dies or anything

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
this is a two-order case.

order 1: scan model. mark any tooth (1 tooth) as coping. unsectioned.

order 2: import scan from order 1 (case is marked as digital impression),to make model only with dies selected.

should be no problem. ive 'duplicated' people's die models this way more than once.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
this is a two-order case.

order 1: scan model. mark any tooth (1 tooth) as coping. unsectioned.

order 2: import scan from order 1 (case is marked as digital impression),to make model only with dies selected.

should be no problem. ive 'duplicated' people's die models this way more than once.

Okay that makes sense. Thanks