Dicor. Yes, Dicor.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Anyone remember? Any others ever go down that road? We've come a long way baby.:)

Im looking for a source for the clay cones we used to fire to check temp. Heres why...

Ive talked about getting such nice results in my Dekema sinter oven, and acceptable but less nice results in my Mihm. Im thinking I could fire one of those cones in each and check the accuracy comparing the two ovens.

Dumb idea?

I know there are the PTCR rings that can be used, but I was told by the vendor I got the Mihm from that the rings aren't accurate. Any other ideas to check the temps in two ovens and compare?

Ive even thought about fabricating some Zr cones similar to what Dicor used and then check the slump.

doug

doug

Reaction score
There are so many high-tech electronic in both of those that using the cones would seem to be going backwards. We have a digital thermometer that we caan insert the tip into the furnace and compare the furnace temps as the program runs. Try that, Omega instruments

user name

user name

Reaction score
user name

user name

Reaction score
There are so many high-tech electronic in both of those that using the cones would seem to be going backwards. We have a digital thermometer that we caan insert the tip into the furnace and compare the furnace temps as the program runs. Try that, Omega instruments
You stick a probe in the oven and let it close on a wire? Im in the dark on these; clue me in please.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I know there are the PTCR rings that can be used, but I was told by the vendor I got the Mihm from that the rings aren't accurate

You should still give it a try, even if its not dead accurate it should still help comparing the two furnaces... Give the ring manufacturer a call, I bet they are ten times more knowledgeable than your Mihm reseller...

user name

user name

Reaction score
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The Dicor cones were manufactured by Orton Ceramic Foundation years ago. Orton now makes another product used in dental furnaces for verification of the temperature.
The TempTAB is able to be used in any dental oven. Check out the Orton Blog https://www.ortonceramic.com/blog_direct_link.cfm/blog_id/63571

Interesting looks very similar to a product I just purchased to maintain my sintering furnaces.

http://www.schupp-ceramics.com/en/f...ch-prozess-temperatur-kontrollringe-ptcr.html

Good to have you here