Diagnostics Du Jour

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Nice mike! How thin are these? I really want do this stuff.

Thanks RileyS. The teeth are short and flat. Temps are probably .5-1mm facially and 2-3mm incisally. Wanted them to have some durability as they will be used as removable temps. The 2sets. Finals will be .2 at thinnest from emergence. Will be using emax.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I like the renfert geo tooth colored wax. its opaque and a nice A1/2 shade easy to see detail compared to the white wax.

IMG_0208 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0206 - Copy.JPG

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
DSC_0449_zps71b59241.jpg

DSC_0454_zpsc02d1900.jpg

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
I'm looking for the same wax as Al with multi layers to mill it ...
98 with step for open system ....
If you know something like that , call me !

Merci !

Nice Al , nice the canadian ! bon boulot !

Last edited:
A

AlyssaRad

Reaction score
Any tricks on how to transfer the diagnostics to a prepped model for e.max? Single units are fine, it's the bigger cases that are a pain like full anterior restorations. The transfer is almost always too long (I'm assuming its the lack of stability within that span causing the matrix to flex) the overall shape is pretty good tho. I tried out 95 shore sheraduplica hard putty today. It was super hard and had minimal flexing, but the transfer was still slightly long. (I flowed the wax in) I've tried injecting the wax, usually ends up with bubbles or missing areas, not sure if this is from the type of injection we have, or if the temp is too high? It shoots the wax up like a fountain.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Any tricks on how to transfer the diagnostics to a prepped model for e.max? Single units are fine, it's the bigger cases that are a pain like full anterior restorations. The transfer is almost always too long (I'm assuming its the lack of stability within that span causing the matrix to flex) the overall shape is pretty good tho. I tried out 95 shore sheraduplica hard putty today. It was super hard and had minimal flexing, but the transfer was still slightly long. (I flowed the wax in) I've tried injecting the wax, usually ends up with bubbles or missing areas, not sure if this is from the type of injection we have, or if the temp is too high? It shoots the wax up like a fountain.
Crank down the temp on your wax injector. Either way, that wax gets dirty and I don't like to use it for pressing. But if you think you can keep it clean. Go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

AlyssaRad

Reaction score
Crank down the temp on your wax injector. Either way, that wax gets dirty and I don't like to use it for pressing. But if you think you can keep it clean. Go for it.

Not really a fan of injecting either, it's messy and like you said dirty wax. How do you usually transfer?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Not really a fan of injecting either, it's messy and like you said dirty wax. How do you usually transfer?

Just spoon some hot wax into your matrix...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
use software to scan both models and align them, then 3d print the overlap.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I use the renfert geo wax too, i use the white and white trans

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
'Just spoon some hot wax into your matrix...'

Is it the printer or the 3D that makes a wax crown to a coping? I just can't get those natural cusp occlusal furcation's in my wax-ups. Or are you guys using a mold and then setting into the occlusion?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
'Just spoon some hot wax into your matrix...'

Is it the printer or the 3D that makes a wax crown to a coping? I just can't get those natural cusp occlusal furcation's in my wax-ups. Or are you guys using a mold and then setting into the occlusion?
UGH hand waxing occlusals = never going home.
Silicone molds for me !!!!!

zzzzzz4.jpg
zzzzzz3.jpg
xyz3.jpg
zc11.jpg
zc12.jpg

Last edited:
Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
"UGH hand waxing occlusals = never going home.
Silicone molds for me !!!!!"

Thanks Al. The photos are also revealing. Showing a diagnostic is also an interesting foot in the door to elusive dentists.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Al, I am curious, when do you decide to make things natural? Regarding the rotation of the anteriors in the arch. I would love the opportunity to build an anterior case this way. But if I did that, the case would come back as a remake and the doctor would ask, "Why the hell are all the teeth crooked?" When we are mirroring one side of the arch or when its applicable in a single unit restoration, we may do this. But when do you decide to do this when building a full arch like the lower seen in the photos?

Top Bottom