Desktop Printers

Lisa90

Lisa90

Reaction score
I have always used Brother laser printers. Easy to get the cartridges for them and they last a while...had some HP and they were useless but the Brothers are my choice.Try not to get one of those all in one printers...I have separate fax, printer, and scanners so if one goes us then its a quick trip to staples for a new one. I get about 2000 pages from a 75 dollar cartridge and they are good print but envelopes seem to be not that great because they seem to acquire folds in them...while going through the envelope printer window.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. Thanks for your help anyway!

Lisa90

Lisa90

Reaction score
i think she's after 3d printers, pip.

desktop 3d printers tend to be few and far between for dental specific, however objet and roland have neat ones. bego verseo is quite flexible, and envisiontec i think makes a desktop thing. but theyve always been junk.

asiga makes several. whipmix sells them.

in general though what you are mostly getting is a resin/wax printer. you won't find ones that can directly print something like peek, cocr, or direct laser melting.

and don't even think about looking for printed zirconia.
Thanks. We have 2 ProJet Printers by 3D Systems. We want something with fewer working parts and less pain in the #$@&%!!! We have looked at the Verseo and the Asiga. Thanks for the heads up on the envisiontec.

Lisa90

Lisa90

Reaction score
if you're just getting into it, get a Form2 - very easy to set up, and a great way to get into the muck (literally).

Once you get a handle on what you are doing with 3D printing or where you want to go, then you can look for other machines.

for example Carbon3D, Structo, 3D Systems, Stratasys, Envisiontec.

Alternatively maybe you will find yourself buying 3-4 Form2's.
We have 2 massive ProJet printers. We have had them for several years, but never had a small printer. We will definitely need a few.You are the second person to bring up the Form 2. We are in contact with that company to see if they have a material suitable for partials. Thanks for the info!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
they will try to sell you their metal casting resin. but again its a resin so casting it will be different. you say you have projet series printers can i assume you mean Dp3500 or mp3500 or both? printing dentcast and having fit issues? same issue will occur with the formlabs as i can assure you several people here can attest.

it will take some ****ing around with your investment and casting procedures the same as the ****ing around you have to do with m3 dentcast.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
i think she's after 3d printers, pip.

desktop 3d printers tend to be few and far between for dental specific, however objet and roland have neat ones. bego verseo is quite flexible, and envisiontec i think makes a desktop thing. but theyve always been junk.

asiga makes several. whipmix sells them.

in general though what you are mostly getting is a resin/wax printer. you won't find ones that can directly print something like peek, cocr, or direct laser melting.

and don't even think about looking for printed zirconia.
You are right..Maybe after I pull my head out from the hole int he sand I will read again and see it differently ha ha ha.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
anyone with experience with the Roland DWP80s ? can outline the good/bad? pro/con?