Desktop Printers

Lisa90

Lisa90

Reaction score
We are buying a desktop printer. If you have one can you give me the name and pros and cons? I am just starting my research. Thanks!

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I have always used Brother laser printers. Easy to get the cartridges for them and they last a while...had some HP and they were useless but the Brothers are my choice.Try not to get one of those all in one printers...I have separate fax, printer, and scanners so if one goes us then its a quick trip to staples for a new one. I get about 2000 pages from a 75 dollar cartridge and they are good print but envelopes seem to be not that great because they seem to acquire folds in them...while going through the envelope printer window.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
We are buying a desktop printer. If you have one can you give me the name and pros and cons? I am just starting my research. Thanks!

lol...you asked in 2 different threads, and got 2 different answers, both ways you got covered :D
Maybe Travis will delete or merge this thread, and proceed with the other one?

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i think she's after 3d printers, pip.

desktop 3d printers tend to be few and far between for dental specific, however objet and roland have neat ones. bego verseo is quite flexible, and envisiontec i think makes a desktop thing. but theyve always been junk.

asiga makes several. whipmix sells them.

in general though what you are mostly getting is a resin/wax printer. you won't find ones that can directly print something like peek, cocr, or direct laser melting.

and don't even think about looking for printed zirconia.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
if you're just getting into it, get a Form2 - very easy to set up, and a great way to get into the muck (literally).

Once you get a handle on what you are doing with 3D printing or where you want to go, then you can look for other machines.

for example Carbon3D, Structo, 3D Systems, Stratasys, Envisiontec.

Alternatively maybe you will find yourself buying 3-4 Form2's.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i think she's after 3d printers, pip.

desktop 3d printers tend to be few and far between for dental specific, however objet and roland have neat ones. bego verseo is quite flexible, and envisiontec i think makes a desktop thing. but theyve always been junk.

asiga makes several. whipmix sells them.

in general though what you are mostly getting is a resin/wax printer. you won't find ones that can directly print something like peek, cocr, or direct laser melting.

and don't even think about looking for printed zirconia.

You can find printed Zirconia - if you're willing to pay $450k and it takes about 30 hours to sinter. Prodways has the solution for you! Oh, also colors are limited and there is no translucency and it's matte looking.

There is the new FHM and VFHM materials coming out from nextdent that will let you print provisionals. But I am a bit confused by this offering as gradient PMMA looks way better and it's essentially printing the same thing but with no gradient.

For those that are wondering - most of the resins today are PMMA based in some way shape or form. Aside from the application specific like Rubber/Flexible Materials.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
hotendworks was supposed to be making a 3d printable zirconia ceramic printer & soup, but they seem to have far less info out there today than they did when i first heard about them in 2015.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
yeah nothing new there, the real problem is burning out the binder and getting the shrinkage rate dialed in.

Right now with top to bottom printing this will be insanely ****ed. We need like dual or triple lasers on different spectrums for this to truly be viable. IMHO

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
LOL on a spool T.T

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
we don't like dws because they sell to dentists some shady sh1t.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
ok this is no desktop but not seperate as Datron .Laser concept and one in all has a lot more options

http://www.so****.jp/product/tool/metal_3d_printer/opm250l.html

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you realize we won't be able to open that right ?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
you realize we won't be able to open that right ?
google's allinurl tool gives and then edit, and remember kids, unicode is your friend.

edit: and I'm a moron, forgot the browser translates before post, instead of at access. Duh.

http://www.sod ick.jp/product/tool/metal_3d_printer/opm250l.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom