• Welcome to Dental Lab Network
    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dentsply Celtra

Discussion in 'All Porcelain-Press' started by sidesh0wb0b, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Sda36

Sda36 Active Member Full Member

Very well said

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    2. PDC

PDC Active Member Full Member

So Bob, did you ever try this investment with the metal or Emax? Results? I am really interested in this stuff. What does a pack of pellets cost? Did you have to make a custom pressing program for it or did you use an existing Emax program?

3. sidesh0wb0b
      Sleepy

sidesh0wb0b Well-Known Member Full Member

the investment is nice to use, but not as forgiving as microstar for extended burnouts (like i forgot to press when the timer went off LOL). results are decent though, no complaints. end of the day i am back to tried and true microstar.
      press pellets as costly. i was told the rollout would be less than emax ingots.....guess what, its not. ive no clue what they were thinking. you cant compete like that nowadays.

and it has its own press program. cant press like emax, its a slightly longer press cycle.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. PDC

PDC Active Member Full Member

That leads to another question. Have you tried using your Microstar with the Celtra?

5. sidesh0wb0b
      Sleepy

sidesh0wb0b Well-Known Member Full Member

that is the one thing i havent yet done...and i want to.
      my hope is that the reaction layer will still be gone or mostly eliminated, AND that the press will turn out great. that would be a lovely little bonus!

i have some presses coming up this weekend (here now working away). if i have a celtra ingot, i will give one a shot and see how it turns out. will go put the celtra on my desk now to remind myself LOL