Dental Wings

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Dental Wings system? I am very interested in this system but havent found many people with experience using it. I am waiting for the license to download and use the demo version of the software on my computer. You can design dummy cases that come with the program. My main concern is the ease and accuracy of scanning and designing bridgework. Do you have to rescan the entire case due to one bad abutment scan etc.? How do they fit and what are the turn around times like for custom milling center. I will post my views of the software after I play with the demo a day or two.

Thanks,
Jason

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Please drive East for a couple hours and play with some of our toys one day.

We have a couple 3M Lava milling systems, Dental Wings stuff, and a 3D Systems printer. Owned and sold other CAD/CAM stuff. Richmond VA

Scott

1-877-285-0777

Last edited:
Z

zmaster

Reaction score
speaking of dental wings....

Does anyone know how to change the path to direct the files to a specific locale? Our system came canned with its files being directed to a specific milling center. They were horrible and now we found another lab that will mill for us. A better product at a cheaper price!!! Anyhow, when we send the files to the new guy, the file name is too long and some of the information gets cut off. After viewing the file name, I saw the path and it was cluttered with folders dedicated to the old milling center..Please help!!! Custom support was, well, less than supportive.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
just search your computer for a specific file by name or date......find the location in your hard drive (folder). Make a shortcut on desktop to that folder.

I re-named mine Dental-Wings_Output
We use a FTP site to transfer files from scanner sites to our manufacturing facility. Open your output folder and drag files to be processed into a folder on our FTP site or whatever means you are using. Takes 10 sec.

There are infinate ways to get a file from point A to point B.
Be creative!

N

Norma Chrissy

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone have the information of all charitable hospitals in mumbai which have a dental wing?

D

David Tietl

Reaction score
Dental Wings Operating System

I havent used but I have heard a lot about it. Dental Wings Operating System is a robust software module that allows for secure integration of DWOS between scanning and manufacturing technologies. You now have the ability to scan and design simultaneously up to 16 dies. Design crowns, bridges, and full contour overlays utilizing one operating system. This module also allows the user to spilt parts of the design file and send to specific manufacturing technologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Check out 3Shape 700 model before you buy......Depending on who you buy from, Dental Wings is $500 or more per year for the updates......
Free updates with the 3M ST. Or you can buy a service contract with 3m for $300. less per year compared to Dental Wings $3000. fee.

Last edited:
K

kimyo

Reaction score
What would you recommend?

Can you recommend which system do you prefer between 3 shape d700 and dental wings? Dental wing seems to be in promotion now and i am interested.

Check out 3Shape 700 model before you buy......Depending on who you buy from, Dental Wings is $500 or more per year for the updates......
Free updates with the 3M ST. Or you can buy a service contract with 3m for $300. less per year compared to Dental Wings $3000. fee.

A

alan2423

Reaction score
get a demo of 3shape before you go with dental wings, the new software is so much better.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Origin will have demo's of 3Shape software very soon...ask for Chris at 800 255 2839

Charles

P

phamdang

Reaction score
cad/cam dental

help me!!!!!!!
software DENTAL WINGS
file intall.
thanks

M

milling machine

Reaction score
I do sale 3Shape and train you on line for deltadesigner which is a great easy to us CAD program

650-346-8125

Chris

M

milling machine

Reaction score
I sale 3 shape!

Has anyone used the Dental Wings system? I am very interested in this system but havent found many people with experience using it. I am waiting for the license to download and use the demo version of the software on my computer. You can design dummy cases that come with the program. My main concern is the ease and accuracy of scanning and designing bridgework. Do you have to rescan the entire case due to one bad abutment scan etc.? How do they fit and what are the turn around times like for custom milling center. I will post my views of the software after I play with the demo a day or two.

Thanks,
Jason

Why not 3 shape??

M

milling machine

Reaction score
I sale 3 Shape

Why not buy the best if you can. I can show you hopw to use the software too on line?

Chris

A

alan2423

Reaction score
Hey Milling machine isnt it Dental designer not Delta designer??? if your selling it shouldnt you know that???

M

milling machine

Reaction score
Dental Designer is the name

I missed type and I am asking for forgiveness Alan. Are you the PFM guy or the one who pay arm and a leg to 3M for Lava coping??

B

Buried1999

Reaction score
If you are not fond of software crashes then Dental Wings is a good choice. And yet scanning and designing at the same time is a great timesaver esp. when you want to scan 10 abutment teeth and design 5 pontics.

J

Julen

Reaction score
Software Dental wings

Hi guys,

I would like to know how it works Dental wings (implant modulus),

someone has the demo??

help me please.