Demo Cases (Aged Teeth)

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
In another thread there was discussion/debate on ways to pick up new accounts. Some were against using demo cases because it was not representive of real world cases.

I think they are important to show what lab techs are capable of producing, they are an excellent way to get your work directly into a Drs hands. They are also good to use for job interviews and they make a nice display in your lab.

When you have slow periods I incourage everyone to put together demo cases. Over time I have put together over 80 units of cases.

I just bought this inexpensive point and shoot camera with a 12X zoom to
take pics of wildlife around the farm. I stood back about 6 ft from these cases and snapped some pics. I was very supprised how nice the pics came out. The shades are in the A4 to C4 range but they look light in the photos.

I tried to replicate aged and worn teeth with these two models. 95% of the colors are internal.
Heres a little work from Kentucky.

A1-1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3-1.jpg

A5.jpg

A6.jpg

A7.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_C5.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_C6.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_C7.jpg

C8.jpg

C9.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_C5.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_C6.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_C7.jpg

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is awesome, that's some crazy internal staining, great crack lines, especially down by the margins.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Demos are great to have around.
I have ortho appliance demos from over 20 years ago. Bionators I have sent off to Trisha and Cade. They have returned them, and just recently used them with a dr that wanted to try a Bionator. He used it to show to the patient and the parents.
Nice pics Al.
Mike.

yooper886

yooper886

Reaction score
Great work Al!!

Another nice thing about having demo cases or even taking photos of your work. It shows how much you have progressed in your talents over the years. I still have some work laying around that I made in the Air Force Tech School and I am amazed at what I do now compared to then, I still have a long, long way to go before I will be satisfied but at least I know I am still moving forward.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I agree!!! Nice work Al. It is one thing to crank out the marbles and chicklets that today's market wants. What you have shown here, my friend, is truly art. Thank you!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I tell you what really impresses me is this little camera. I only cost me $148 on sale at walmart. Its a kodak easy share. It is really small except for the lense.
If a person wanted to do alot of dental photos esp in the mouth you would need to get a cam made for that though.

Here are a couple more.
This is Emax pressed with MO ingots and layered.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p2.jpg

This is porc fused to Brite Gold

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p4.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p5.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p6.jpg

On all my production pfms I put cervical porc on the gin. and in the central fossa to tone down the brightness of the opaque. Opaque dentin put there (to me) has too high value.

Also when I add on during my first bake to compensate for shrinkage I use a white incisal porc instead of my regular incisal porc. It snow caps the cusps and really makes them stand out.
Also when I add on to my contacts to conpensate for shrinkage I use clear porc. It helps a bit to bring in the color of the adjacent teeth and just breaks up the color.
These are very easy and fast steps to do, but they really make your crns stand out in a crowd.

These are porc fused to NP or as Labguy says "car bumper".

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p3.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p7.jpg
p8.jpg

I waxed and pressed these in empress esthetic. I didnt layer them just put on some surface stain.

p9.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p4.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p5.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p6.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p3.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_p7.jpg

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
Beautiful work; love that they are not silver dollar fixed. I try to set my denture teeth just a little off perfect to add reality but alot of times patient wants that just out of braces look and it just doesn't look natural to me; especially in a 60-70 year old.