Delcam DentMill vs 3Shape Cambridge

G

green916

Reaction score
I am contemplating which CAM software to buy for Roland JWX-10. DentMill is $5K higher in costs and also $1K higher in annual license fee than Cambridge. Any of you guys use Cambridge? Any suggestion would be great.

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
Hi Green. I Have no Cad-Cam, but i've seen SUM3D CAM dental and techs tells works great. Cost about 4500 Euros and has no annual fee. Why did you buy JWX-10 instead DWX-30?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Sum3d is very nice.

Why do you want that Roland?

I had one and wanted to throw into a river!

For $3.95 I'll print ya copings all day long, they can be much thinned than milled wax. (but we are kinda full at the moment and need more equp)

Last edited:
G

green916

Reaction score
I bought a 3hape scanner and vendor has Roland they used for testing and sell $2500. Great price so worth a shot at it. I've been trying to contact sum3d but without reply. Just a bad sign especially when I need support.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
This is exactly why I use the big name brand companies. I may pay more, but I cannot afford to get jerked around when I need support. We've had great success with the delcam software and that Roland wax mill.

Even at our production levels it has been a productive, robust little machine.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Small companys are gearing up for Chicago.

Sum3d is in Italy you know. They are flying out to the states for that show obviously.

They answer my emails fast and even modify my software just for me.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I had CIMSystems come fly to my lab for a few days for free when I bought the software, and after sales support is good. Output from mill is fast! That's the way she like it. Operator has complete control of every possible parameter. We can open infinite instances (windows) of sum3d at once. One copy is good for 10 mills on a decent computer. (we get very fast calculation times running on a turbo-charged gaming computer)

The company has been around for years and will be around for quite a while. They help automate many industrys, including the tire and shoe industry. I'm not worried they will not be there to answer my questions.

DelCam is good as well...just too expensive for me.

To each his own??

Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
DelCam is good as well...just too expensive for me.
I tried to tell them that I was not about to pay new car money for what they had offered. I waited and found a better solution.

To each his own??

Well, you found a CHEAPER solution.

Yes, to each his own.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Aww shucks, here we go.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Aww shucks, here we go.

Look, the guy says he bought a Roland and Scott treats him like an idiot, saying he'd throw the mill in the river. I thought he should at least hear the other side of the story. It's a great mill and works great in combination with Delcam software. He made a GOOD buy and he has a solid, top of the line system there.

Scott always has to trash what other people use, and offer up some weird-ass, odd ball, cheap/or freeware alternative.

Like he said, to each his own.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It will work.

You will lean a lot.

Good deal.

Go for it. Roland mill will hold it value at that price.

The sum3d is good.

It's not weird. I bought it with DentalShaper. Cool software for making your own models, implants, conversion software, etc...
It's a great value.

Nothing wrong with Delcam. Never heard a bad thing, except the inital cost.

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
LOL, Dude Chill,,,, that was so funny. This is great entertainment listening to you guys. You guys make great sense to your listners, opinionated, but thats what you guys bring there is no right or wrong, like you both said "to each his own." Our guests and members on here have a right to hear both sides so they can make an informed decision based on their particular model. That piece of equipment worked great for one, but not for the other; no sweat, your models are different and the use of said equipment was different, the buyer just has to know its limitations.

G

green916

Reaction score
Mark,
the Roland JWX-10 that you are using, is that the model with the Automatic Tool Changer (ATC) and include 50mm Dental Fixture?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Manual tool changer I would assume.

Smaller disks. I guess 50mm? Right?

Probably more stable in dimentions than the larger disk of wax.

4-D

Reaction score
We use both Cambridge and DentMill. We like Cambridge because it allows to make labels which is helpful because we do work for many different labs. DentMill is probably worth the money though. The interface is so easy to understand and customizing blocks is great too.