Degree of freedom scanner

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I know he scanner , a couple of friends have it and they seem to be happy with it . I contacted the company but never heard back .

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Yes I have the DOF scanner and am quite happy with it. Scans fast with no putty to hold models holds full size articulators and with the all in one plate you can scan simple quadrant cases in 2 scans instead of 4 or 5. Are you in the USA?
gymada2u.jpg
3a3ytaje.jpg
hu2epema.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Is that the same as the origin S from B&D/Origin?

If you never make a decision then your possibilities are endless.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Mine is from origin

M

mcfly

Reaction score
Hi guys
I am in South africa and it comes bundled with the Dwx50 ,what Cad & Cam do you use with the scanner pjd? I see you can even fit a monotrac in it with articulator ?
Thanks

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
I use exocad and as of right now I outsource my cam. I use only monotrac for my models. Do yourself a favor and negotiate any extra scan plates you want, the all in one plate was $1000 us. They also make scan plates for specific atricutalors. Who is the distributor in South Africa?

M

mcfly

Reaction score
The distributor is indisol .What did they charge you for the Scanner and the Exocad software ,they want approx $25000 for the scanner and exocad ,is that reasonable?

M

mcfly

Reaction score
And if you outsource your cam ,what is the turnaround time for receiving the work back ?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I think it is too much . In Europe , where Dental Direkt is the dealer , it cost 16.000 euros with Exocad

M

mcfly

Reaction score
Thats $22 000 ,but i must have support so i will have to pay the premium!

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
$25000 sounds a little high but if that includes all exocad modules that would be about right. In the USA it would be $21000 plus shipping with basic exocad.

Yusuf

Yusuf

Reaction score
Hi Mcfly , did you purchase the dof with the DWX 50? How has that turned out for you ? I'm looking to add the same combination. What cad and cam software are you operating ? Appreciate your time
Hi guys
I am in South africa and it comes bundled with the Dwx50 ,what Cad & Cam do you use with the scanner pjd? I see you can even fit a monotrac in it with articulator ?
Thanks

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
Yes I have the DOF scanner and am quite happy with it. Scans fast with no putty to hold models holds full size articulators and with the all in one plate you can scan simple quadrant cases in 2 scans instead of 4 or 5. Are you in the USA?
Hi PJD,where did you get the scanner ( Origin- B&D). Are you happy with it now? Would you buy it again. Can you do implant full arch screw retained? This, Adrian.
Hi
gymada2u.jpg
3a3ytaje.jpg
hu2epema.jpg

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Yes still happy with it. B&D is my reseller. Largest I've done is 7 unit 3 abutment screw retained.

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
C
Yes still happy with it. B&D is my reseller. Largest I've done is 7 unit 3 abutment screw retained.

Could you do bigger cases? How is the B&D customer service or support. Did you have any problems with the scanner?

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Could I do bigger cases? Sure just haven't had to. B&D has been just fine with support for me. They could be a little faster on updates but only by a month or so. The scanner has been trouble free.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
any updates to this topic? who else sells it? Who has the best tech support? I am intersted in the HD scanner

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Have it, like it, good support through Chris Brown. Search Henry Park. He's a bigwig in U.S. DOF- sponsors here https://doflab.com/ Talk to 2th as well, he has it.