DCM to STL converter

S

Sune

Reaction score
3Shape format .dcm is like a .stl format but with greater detail (more info) it has all the normal .stl informations in it, plus more. Kind of like a .zip file in windows. That's why it is used as a standard in ther programs.

You can change it to .stl and save all your files in "3Shape ControlPanel" ther is no data lost, just a bigger file.

E

e...w...h

Reaction score
3Shape format .dcm is like a .stl format but with greater detail (more info) it has all the normal .stl informations in it, plus more. Kind of like a .zip file in windows. That's why it is used as a standard in ther programs.

You can change it to .stl and save all your files in "3Shape ControlPanel" ther is no data lost, just a bigger file.

Where is that option. I think it used to have that, but I can not find it now.

THanks!

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
:(I tried to find too,later i ask the support but he said it is not possible...

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
hmm, my copy did not work. Keeps giving me the "no license" error.

Is there something I'm missing?

Its a wast of time! You download it then have to email them your mac number and they send you a 3 day licence. Nice french guy I spoke to, but the idea is to try then buy!

E

e...w...h

Reaction score
Its a wast of time! You download it then have to email them your mac number and they send you a 3 day licence. Nice french guy I spoke to, but the idea is to try then buy!

Yea, I couldn't even find how to purchase the darn thing!

R

rdltech

Reaction score
www.Rhino-Plugins.com
And if anyone wants to send me a .dcm or other exported file format...we can play with it

I was reading over this feed and trying to follow it.
I am currently faced with a case where I only have a Cat scan and need to make a model from this. I am getting some mixed signals. Some saying that can't be do and some saying the information needs to be converted to a stl.
Which brought me to your feed. Can you convert a Cat scan to stl in order for a model to be made?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
You mean using DICOM cone beam CT images with unkown pixel size/resultion to convert to a model directly?
Not the first time being done . . . not sure how accurate it is though. The last time I heard it in a lecture, the lab
tech still had to finese the final product/temp crown for the implant . . .
LCM