DATRON D5 in action, "on-board" video!

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hey guys, we're in the process of updating the D5 video from Germany. We've spliced in a lot of the original content, but we've added our own footage that we shot from inside the machine during our last dental workshop. The part was milled live in front of our guests and the photo at the end was the actual resulting part. Check it out!

DATRON D5 -- Milling Titanium Implant Bar, 5-axis (3+2) Machining

See the D5 milling implant bars LIVE at LabDay Chicago. Check out the fit and finish of these parts strait out of the machine - we'll be running it all day long.

Last edited:
Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Do you mill without cooling? or that was just for the purpose of the video?
Also, what are the maximum angle you can goes...seem to be limited by the disc holder.

I would have loved to see the bar right off the machine not on the model too see the quality.

Still seem to be a not bad machine, I have to say it really seem user-friendly.

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Thanks Bernard.

We use a low viscosity silicone polymer in small quantities (basically a mist) but I turned it down a tiny bit for the sake of the video, even though it wouldn't have made much of a difference. You can see it moving around on the surface of the disk if you look closely. The A-axis is limited to +/- 25 degrees, the B can get to about +/- 45 without hitting the spindle. Realistically, the only thing it won't be able to do it cut retention holes in the buccal/lingual.

The bar is untouched in the picture and strait out of the machine (you can still see where the connectors were reduced and then hand cut). The only hand piece burrs I have in my office are for removing parts from the blanks, so I couldn't polish or touch it up even if I wanted to cheat a little ;). I can try to get some more detailed pictures of the finish, or maybe next time I still have one in the blank I can shoot a picture for you real quick.

User-friendly is exactly what DATRON tried to accomplish - in an industrial strength package. Like any one of our other industrial machines, it's running the same windows-based CNC controller/program in the background, but we've simplified the process of loading tools, material, and jobs through the iPad. You can even take it back to your desk and watch the progress as long as you're within the range of the wireless router in the machine.

M

macminn

Reaction score
What's the price tag on that bad boy?

Top Bottom