Custom abutments locked into a group.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
So I'm trying to do a four unit screw retained bridge with two custom abutments . However I cant get the abutments to unlock from each other. Support says its a problem with the implant providers library. Thoughts ? I'm stumped.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
inthe order form before you were allowed to scan the system asked you if you want to group the implants. this grouping ensures that the abutments will always have parallelism. you have selected yes.

if this is undesireable then redo the case and select no.

but i asvise against it.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Thank you. We tried that . Unselecting the group function but it reverts back to it. Why do you recommend not doing it.?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
they are indeed possible as JMN pointed out.

in fact increasingly likely.

and simply ungrouping them in the order and going forward will not ungroup them. you have to create a new case, OR delete the modeling tree. the good news is, you can use the scans again in a new order. nothing changes with the scans so you can import them from the old order.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The more interfaces that must seat, the greater the opportuinty for there to be an error of judgement in the design, just because normal human brains can't juggle the increasing variables 3 dimesionally without physical feedback and iterations of design. This is why when doing multi unit cases, with analog modelwork especially, or with docs new to IOS implant scanning it is wise to make a check fixture/verification jig to ensure that all interfaces seat fully even if only one screw is installed and to check that each abutment screwed down individually and by itself only produces full seating of all abutments.

Edit: this, locally at least, is called the one screw test.

There's a lot happening at once.

Last edited:
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. We did do a verification jig. Dr. wants to do this as screw retained. My thought was to be able to design the abutments while using the bridge design as a guide for the best abutment angulation . Then have the abutments milled and design the case after the abutments came back. I can still design it in group but I could put them in a better spot if I don't have to.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. We did do a verification jig. Dr. wants to do this as screw retained. My thought was to be able to design the abutments while using the bridge design as a guide for the best abutment angulation . Then have the abutments milled and design the case after the abutments came back. I can still design it in group but I could put them in a better spot if I don't have to.

the only flaw in the plan is this part: using the bridge design as a guide for the best abutment angulation

yes you can make a waxup and try to follow it, but the waxup was not present nor made when the implants were placed. so the positions will never be right.

the best you can do with this is to make the abutments to follow one good angle. pick an abutment. that abutment gets the good insertion and abutment angle and will be the basis of the bridge. the other will just have to follow as best you can cobble together.

had the bridge been made and used as a guide to place implants you wouldnt be in this mess. you wouldnt have to do wild angling.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
" as best you can cobble together " Love it. That's pretty much the conclusion I was coming to. Thanks..

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i suggest you dont dwell on it, theres a frame going over it, and porcelain i presume over that, so it wont be a huge issue to have the implant a few degrees of wierd.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
i suggest you dont dwell on it, theres a frame going over it, and porcelain i presume over that, so it wont be a huge issue to have the implant a few degrees of wierd.
How many degees in a full weird?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
about Blue Fahrenheit.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
While in the parametric design part of the abutment, click the advance drop down menu on the lower left windows, then uncheck lock insertion this will unlock the abutment from the group.

There is a glitch, once the order is created it doesn't like to modify groups for some reason once design has been started. But you can unlock it in the design, when you do so threw the design phase it unlocks everything in that group.

I start of in group .ode but most of the time unlock it to get a better parallel setup, 3shape spent do the best job.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom