Cubex 2

G

Gene

Reaction score
We were just told today that CAP is no longer offering Cubex2. Does anyone have a different product recommendation, or know of any other milling center that offers . Thanks for any suggestions
Gene Hunt

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Sagemax is a great solution
Katana is also a great solution
Changs is also a good solution

Ivoclar just came out with their ZirCad resurrection - we have the pucks, but haven't programmed the furnace yet.

3M's Zirconia was pretty decent - not AMAZING, but it glows blue ;)

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
DT technologies in Davenport IA sells Dental Direkt products. Give Alex or Jordan a call (563) 386-1935

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
Or if you're looking for someone to mill it for you. We can do it, Send me a pm if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

Gene

Reaction score
THANKS EVEYONE FOR THE REPLYS AND HELP. ACTUALLY FOUND SOMEONE IN MY AREA THAT WILL BE ABLE TO HELP ME OUT. AGAIN THANKS

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We were just told today that CAP is no longer offering Cubex2. Does anyone have a different product recommendation, or know of any other milling center that offers . Thanks for any suggestions
Gene Hunt
Hi Gene, As I'm sure you know, material science is changing very rapidly in the zirconia world. Product obsolescence is now less than a year for most materials. We have replaced the CubeX 2 with Katana UTML multi-layered as it's much more esthetic. This is a next generation material and we want to make sure we are offering you the best the industry has to offer. Please try a few of these and I'm sure you will agree.
Thanks, and I'm so sorry we didn't do a better job communicating this to you before now.
Bob

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Wouldn't the proper thing to do be warn all customers they will be discontinuing the product months in advance to give time for R&D on another product?? We use a ton of it, if I called to order and I was told its no longer available, I would lose my sh*t. My customers have an expectation of what we deliver, I would need time to work with another product to ensure quality. Doesnt sound like it was handled very well, but thats uncle hank pulling the strings on the dancing CAP doll.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Wouldn't the proper thing to do be warn all customers they will be discontinuing the product months in advance to give time for R&D on another product?? We use a ton of it, if I called to order and I was told its no longer available, I would lose my sh*t. My customers have an expectation of what we deliver, I would need time to work with another product to ensure quality. Doesnt sound like it was handled very well, but thats uncle hank pulling the strings on the dancing CAP doll.
You know, we all make mistakes. At CAP prior to the acquisition, we made many. I'm certain you all have as well. That said I am in agreement with you on this one. We should have given our customers more time to make the adjustments needed. Lastly, I don't really think the learning curve for any new FZ product is months. I would suggest that going from Cubex 2 to UTML is a matter of rethinking the staining process. This can likely be accomplished with the first unit.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
The biggest jam up in workflow, is, guys with only one mill, now have to group cases together based on shade, multiple disc changes in a day, remills will be a nightmare. Rush case? No problem! Just pull out whatever jobs are running. This will also impact if cases are scanned in by date or shade, how much room is in a disc, it can disrupt a workflow entirely. The stain and glaze is one thing, but I have never been a fan of fighting a pre shaded disc to a desired shade, it can be difficult enough with a dip shade. Oven temps and cycles need to be adjusted as well. The discs are also only available 14, 18 and 22. I use a ton of 10mm. So now I'm paying more, for a disc I don't even want in the first place. Oh, and its 163 MPa weaker. But you're right, its a simple, easy change over.

If there is one thing doctors want, its consistency.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hi Gene, As I'm sure you know, material science is changing very rapidly in the zirconia world. Product obsolescence is now less than a year for most materials. We have replaced the CubeX 2 with Katana UTML multi-layered as it's much more esthetic. This is a next generation material and we want to make sure we are offering you the best the industry has to offer. Please try a few of these and I'm sure you will agree.
Thanks, and I'm so sorry we didn't do a better job communicating this to you before now.
Bob
does that mean you wont be carrying the DD liquids too?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hey all,
There is some confusion going on in the thread. First, CAP only discontinued using CubeX2 in the milling center. We still sell Cubex 2 discs and DD liquids. There is NO plan to change this. We are not making anyone change the discs they purchase.
This change applies only to laboratories that have been outsourcing crown production to CAP's milling center. And yes, the UTML disc comes in only three thicknesses and we are paying for the disc so it's no concern to the labs that outsource to us as they know their crown cost when outsourcing. As far as changing discs for different shades, we do that as well. For strength, UTML is not as strong as Cubex2 but it's stronger than e.max and for the single tooth applaction it will work very well. Katana makes great products and I believe we are moving CAP customers into a superior product.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Bob, Is Cap milling Zolid FX ? I'd like to try a few.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hey all,
There is some confusion going on in the thread. First, CAP only discontinued using CubeX2 in the milling center. We still sell Cubex 2 discs and DD liquids. There is NO plan to change this. We are not making anyone change the discs they purchase.
This change applies only to laboratories that have been outsourcing crown production to CAP's milling center. And yes, the UTML disc comes in only three thicknesses and we are paying for the disc so it's no concern to the labs that outsource to us as they know their crown cost when outsourcing. As far as changing discs for different shades, we do that as well. For strength, UTML is not as strong as Cubex2 but it's stronger than e.max and for the single tooth applaction it will work very well. Katana makes great products and I believe we are moving CAP customers into a superior product.
ok, thats different. my apologies. in a hurry and must have read the posts wrong.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob, Is Cap milling Zolid FX ? I'd like to try a few.
Not commercially at this time. But I'm sure we can do a few units for you.
Let me know and I will get it setup you hooked up with Carrie.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Hey all,

My apologies Bob, I was under the understanding that the product was discontinued from CAP, thank you for clearing that up.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
No problem, like I said we all make mistakes....

hdlc

hdlc

Reaction score
I moved away from Cubex to Katana as well. It is a heeeeeps nicer looking Zr.

Top Bottom