Crown Leverage

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Hey guys,

All things remaining equal. Is there a "formula" for how much horizontal overhang leverage a crown can have on an abutment?

What are the main variables I should focus on?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-06-28 07.44.06.png
    Screenshot 2016-06-28 07.44.06.png
    556.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
1:1 or better if you can.

Short fat implants are all the rage now to avoid grafting. We'll see how they fair over time especially in the posterior region.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
I would send that screen shot to the dr before proceeding.

Oh for sure, Its just a dirty mock-up so you guys can see it. I use this sort of communication with my Dr's frequently. We have already discussed a gap between it if need be

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
1:1 or better if you can.

Short fat implants are all the rage now to avoid grafting. We'll see how they fair over time especially in the posterior region.

Could you elaborate on this 1:1? Thanks

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Oh for sure, Its just a dirty mock-up so you guys can see it. I use this sort of communication with my Dr's frequently

I get those cases on occasion and the prescribing dr needs to have the conversation with the surgeon.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I get those cases on occasion and the prescribing dr needs to have the conversation with the surgeon.
If the surgeon makes that placement there is no need to have that conversation more than once.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Yet another case with no/bad planning... all you can do to is assure a broad tight interprox. contact and out of occlusion on the mesial aspect...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yet another case with no/bad planning... all you can do to is assure a broad tight interprox. contact and out of occlusion on the mesial aspect...
Even out of occlusion, is in occlusion with a bolus of food on the table.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score

I was leaning towards just that, but I'm also wondering if thats a good idea. What does this "enabling" to do the health of the implant? Is it better to just put a 2mm gap.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Hey guys,

All things remaining equal. Is there a "formula" for how much horizontal overhang leverage a crown can have on an abutment?

What are the main variables I should focus on?

Thanks

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I was leaning towards just that, but I'm also wondering if thats a good idea. What does this "enabling" to do the health of the implant? Is it better to just put a 2mm gap.

Leaving a diastema and natural emergence would prolly work for the health of that implant...pt. will most likely complain about packing food in there... no win really, IMO

J

John C

Reaction score
Maybe you should suggest that the Dr. place a deep distal rest on adjacent tooth so it can be locked in place like a keyway.