Creation Zi CT

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone ,

This is a single central I made today . Not really happy with the result as it is not 100%. Main issue was tha lack of space to work, as the crown was really underprepped. I should have made a reduction coping and work easier with it . Layered with Creation ZiCT

Normals would never pick up on it. Real people have teeth all different, not all same.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Normals would never pick up on it. Real people have teeth all different, not all same.

Thanks . I agree that all of are teeth are not the same , but it is always good to manage to copy nature !!! I got close here but not quite there !! Patient was over the moon of course , but I always try for the best

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks . I agree that all of are teeth are not the same , but it is always good to manage to copy nature !!! I got close here but not quite there !! Patient was over the moon of course , but I always try for the best
Yep, the best we can ever hope to do is mimic. And Mockingbirds do it well from birth...

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
younger patient? looks pretty snazzy!
the neat thing is that in this industry....perfection is in the imperfections. we all know how odd it looks when the end result is toilet bowl white "hollywood" smiles that look like they came from a cookie cutter factory!

She is at her mid 30s I think . Not 100 % but acceptable by both the patient and the dentist . Actually patient was really really happy . I am about to have my first BL4 case in the coming weeks . Let's hope it will turn out ok .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
So I decided to redo the case since I am not that happy with the result . Doc will prep again and give me more space to work with, and hopefully I will make I better this time !!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
She is at her mid 30s I think . Not 100 % but acceptable by both the patient and the dentist . Actually patient was really really happy . I am about to have my first BL4 case in the coming weeks . Let's hope it will turn out ok .
i avoid BL4. always looks too pink to me. maybe i am just thinking of the LT ingots. cant recall. normally press out of bl3 now and stain if needed. look forward to seeing how it turns out!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Remember the last central I posted ? So the result was not satisfying and I decided to redo it . Doctor prepped again as per my instructions to give me some space , and this is the result of the second attempt. Now I am really satisfied and it can get cemented.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone. This is a single crown i made on the lateral, never met the patient worked just by photos. Crown is ugly because of shape, but I am happy with the shade match.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Nice harmoniously fits in with all the surrounding
Teeth
Very well done

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
IMG_5528.jpg IMG_5527.jpg IMG_5526.jpg
IMG_5525.jpg
Hey everyone,

This is a single central zirconia crown layered with ZiCT . Used cubic zirconia and layered only the buccal side . Really glad with it . U fortunately the patient didn't want me to copy the white spot .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Another single central case, this time for a long distant client. I never met the patient and worked only from photos. Not perfect but happy with the result. Zirconia crown layered with Creation ZiCT

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone, another single central from a long distance client. Never seen the patient, worked only from photos. Happy with this one. I wish they would let me make a chip veneer for the mesial of the other central, but the patient didn't want to do anything more.

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
Hey everyone, another single central from a long distance client. Never seen the patient, worked only from photos. Happy with this one. I wish they would let me make a chip veneer for the mesial of the other central, but the patient didn't want to do anything more.

very good
you are familiar with the creation system and layering technique bravo!!i have a question for you how do you built up a molar in dark color that you for answer

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
very good
you are familiar with the creation system and layering technique bravo!!i have a question for you how do you built up a molar in dark color that you for answer

Hey there, thanks for the kind words. What exactly do you want to know ? Please be more specific. Truth is I am not doing much posterior build up, but I will try to help if I can

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
Hey there, thanks for the kind words. What exactly do you want to know ? Please be more specific. Truth is I am not doing much posterior build up, but I will try to help if I can
hello very kindly from you -sorry for my english -my posteriors built up are very often not enough cromatique for example classic VITA A4 did you desaturate dentin or put in for example ht53-55
and than overlay with translutions without enamels(or enamels mixed 50-50 CLO)or did you overlay dentin with HT and then overlay with trans like SI O6 etc?thank you for your help

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Zirconia can often do than. It is a reflective material so it is not unusual to have a higher value result, especially on posteriors where most of the times there is not enough space. If I have to fully layer a posterior, I am treating my zirconia almost like a e.max LT. I mkae a small cutback, like 0.5, then I stain the zirconia core, and then I am building just with enamel. I am doing this because I want to be safe regarding chipping. The less porcelain I build, the better I sleep at night. If I achieve a A4 with my stains, then almost always after a thin layer of enamel skin I have a nice warm A4. I would use SI-06 inst instead of E60 for instance. It will give it a more warm appearance. Also HT 55 for the cervical.

Now if I was building full , I would take my coping, make a wash firing with a mix of D A4 and SP-25, fire it 30-40 degrees higher than 1st bake. That way I ensure a nice chromatic base, and fluoresence from the margin powder. Then proceed with your build up, DA4 , the appropriate OD on the occlusal for depth, the HT you like etc .

Hope it helps

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
Zirconia can often do than. It is a reflective material so it is not unusual to have a higher value result, especially on posteriors where most of the times there is not enough space. If I have to fully layer a posterior, I am treating my zirconia almost like a e.max LT. I mkae a small cutback, like 0.5, then I stain the zirconia core, and then I am building just with enamel. I am doing this because I want to be safe regarding chipping. The less porcelain I build, the better I sleep at night. If I achieve a A4 with my stains, then almost always after a thin layer of enamel skin I have a nice warm A4. I would use SI-06 inst instead of E60 for instance. It will give it a more warm appearance. Also HT 55 for the cervical.

Now if I was building full , I would take my coping, make a wash firing with a mix of D A4 and SP-25, fire it 30-40 degrees higher than 1st bake. That way I ensure a nice chromatic base, and fluoresence from the margin powder. Then proceed with your build up, DA4 , the appropriate OD on the occlusal for depth, the HT you like etc .

Hope it helps
hello from france
thank you for your help

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
hello again
do you work with the try in method sascha hein? because your color matching looks perfect. great work!! i like very much

Hello there, thanks for the kind words. No I haven't done the course for e.lab technique.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is a screw retained zirconia bridge layered with ZiCT . Have a good weekend !!