Cordless impressions? (Aquasil Cordless)

R

Richard - R&D

Reaction score
I know that two-cord impression technique is considered standard for most impression taking, but I also know dentists are loathe to spend the full time on it. I've been hearing about cordless impression techniques for a while now, and I particularly like the Aquasil version, which also purports to work with impression scanning.

Unfortunately, I don't personally have any experience working with the impressions that come out of that process. I'd love to be able to recommend the system to dentists, but want to make sure it tends to produce impressions that are easy for labs to work from. Anyone have any thoughts or experience?

http://www.aquasilultracordless.com/cordless-impressions/impression-system

doug

doug

Reaction score
I have an office next door that tried using it. It is case specific and kinda of a pain in the ass( words of one of the docs) They mostly use cord and occasionally the itero scanner. Mostly cord.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I know that two-cord impression technique is considered standard for most impression taking, but I also know dentists are loathe to spend the full time on it. I've been hearing about cordless impression techniques for a while now, and I particularly like the Aquasil version, which also purports to work with impression scanning.

Unfortunately, I don't personally have any experience working with the impressions that come out of that process. I'd love to be able to recommend the system to dentists, but want to make sure it tends to produce impressions that are easy for labs to work from. Anyone have any thoughts or experience?

http://www.aquasilultracordless.com/cordless-impressions/impression-system
Site is broken. Got another source for it?

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I have had acct's that switched from Epregum to this stuff and lets just say BS. The sales person said no cord etc. but the prior material was working way better. If it ain't broke don't fix it. For me Empregum is the go to for Dr's with ip. troubles as it will capture mg's even in wet areas, it is hydrophilic vs. all the others(polyvinyls) which are hydrophobic. Empregum is Polyether. My 2 cents

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
There isn't a big difference in the quality of the materials, both are good if used properly. The difference is that the polyethers will seek and displace moisture in sulcus thereby capturing mg's. It's all about the technique and I am sorry to say way too many doc's are just tool azy to even look at the impression with loops before they send out.
I love it when I call and they ask....what was wrong with the first one, my response is I will send it back and have dr check with loops...forces them to re-learn the most basic of C&B 101.
My 2cents

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
There isn't a big difference in the quality of the materials, both are good if used properly. The difference is that the polyethers will seek and displace moisture in sulcus thereby capturing mg's. It's all about the technique and I am sorry to say way too many doc's are just tool azy to even look at the impression with loops before they send out.
I love it when I call and they ask....what was wrong with the first one, my response is I will send it back and have dr check with loops...forces them to re-learn the most basic of C&B 101.
My 2cents
There was a guy I know about who insisted the model tech was messing it up and his margin was there. He wanted the tech fired before he was willing to change his perfect procedure.

If you can get them to look, and not just to do it to say they have, you can get somewhere, but even still some who can "find" it in the impression think it's enough that they know where it is in the impression even if they can't point it out on an unaltered model.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
have some clients previously that try hemostatic agent to be cordless.
works well on supragingival preps! :D

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Maybe its shipped with the batteries uncharged....