CoDiagnoxtiX help.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can help with ideas on getting the old version of this software from an old laptop to a new one. Calling Straumann is leading to a dead end and Dental Wings only supports the newer versions. The original software is already on the new one but not the updates. I don't know if the updates can be directly copied... or even where they are. I know there are insanely computer savvy folks here and any help would be so appreciated as the old laptop is on it's last leg.

Thanks in advance.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can help with ideas on getting the old version of this software from an old laptop to a new one. Calling Straumann is leading to a dead end and Dental Wings only supports the newer versions. The original software is already on the new one but not the updates. I don't know if the updates can be directly copied... or even where they are. I know there are insanely computer savvy folks here and any help would be so appreciated as the old laptop is on it's last leg.

Thanks in advance.

The updates were downloaded, right? So is there a check for updates option you can use to get them? You can't be the only one migrating.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Yeah.... I feel a little dumb now. The information I was given was incomplete and I found that everything that was needed was already on the new laptop... it's just that the person that uses this software didn't know it. I found all the install files, pieced it together, and it pulled the updates. I, myself, don't use the program so I'll find out next week from him if it does indeed fully work.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yeah.... I feel a little dumb now. The information I was given was incomplete and I found that everything that was needed was already on the new laptop... it's just that the person that uses this software didn't know it. I found all the install files, pieced it together, and it pulled the updates. I, myself, don't use the program so I'll find out next week from him if it does indeed fully work.
If it does, you should post the solution to help the next guy banging his head on the bench trying to figure it out. Especially since Straumann and Mental Wings were of zero help.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Straumann hates its customers.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Straumann, or a rep that used to work there, sent over the needed files through an email over a year ago. I went through and hovered over files until I found ones that included the description of "installwizard" or "setup" and then found similar icons. It took me three tries to find everything so it worked. The first was to set up CodiagnostiX itself but it wouldn't recognize the license. There was a term, or name, that I can't remember offhand, that was included in the popup saying the license wasn't valid that I found in a file name so I clicked on that, and it worked to recognize the dongle. But.... the program kept shutting down immediately. The third pass through found a setup for the updater. Once it pulled the updates over, it worked just fine.

As far as computers go, I don't know a ton, but after removing a couple of viruses, doing basic pc set ups, and learning the CAD programs here, I'm used as the resident IT person....without the appropriate pay of course ....lol... it's just that the people I work with know so little that they think I can handle all the problems.

He still hasn't tried to import new files yet but says it''ll work just fine.

Fingers still crossed. It was a new learning experience if nothing else.