Charging the doc for printed models??

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Hi all,
do you charge your doctor for printed models? I think they are about twice as expensive that doing stone models. I don't charge my doc's for model work, mainly because I have to charge sales tax on them and i do not want to keep track and submit the tax to the DOR. Another step of work I have no time for in a small lab like mine) BUT the bills for the printed models get higher and higher and it starts hurting my profit margin.
How do you handle this??

user name

user name

Reaction score
Time is money. Digital models cost, but you save on time. That means you can either do more work/make more money, or you've saved time in the lab and have more time to live.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
I work with several labs, some charge me a print fee, some don't and I assume it's rolled into the total cost they charge me. I think a model printing fee is completely reasonable. Great Lakes Ortho (I'm calling you out) charges the **** out of their models printing though...it's a little over the top. But hey, the bruxism appliances they make are exceptional so I put up with it.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we charge for models. Unless it's an anterior case, then it's built in.

Monkey w/ a tourch

Monkey w/ a tourch

Reaction score
I totally think you should charge them. But, I don't own a business....so, there's that.